BCG Fantasy Premier League 2013/14 Page 10

F**k me a third saved penalty! At least the minus points go to Lampard and not Hazard.

Quote: don rushmore @ August 18 2013, 10:34 AM BST

Giaccherini might be a good 'differential' for you. Never heard of him myself - I assume he's a decent goalscorer?

:D

What were Chappers odds again Gerry.?

Huh? Er where am I? I see a few names there but most of you seem to be elsewhere, the points don't match up. Am I missing something?

Are you Johnny Twunt Kipper?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 18 2013, 10:38 PM BST

Are you Johnny Twunt?

Don't diss Johnny, good fellow. He is keeping the Rovers off last place.

Plus note the connection in many of the lower positions. It's disgruntled Gooners in the main.

We've been through it all with a fine tooth comb. Percy the Deserter aside, there's not much difference in the quality of players selected. Yes, we have now learnt how to play the game. That matters. And we SHALL be making key strategic alterations.

But George Graham is God. It will require strong medication to turn the defence into nothing like any sane formation. Can we really join the throng and still remain pure? Further forward, we're sort of instinctively with Mourinho - or will be - if not at all anywhere else.

Quote: George Kaplan @ August 18 2013, 11:54 AM BST

In the Head-to-Head League, as things stand, Alphabetti Bonetti trail Slomo FC by only 2 points in one of the tightest encounters this weekend. Come on, Badge!

Thanks George. I'm still behind, but it's a DGW (I think that's what it's called) for some of my team. It would be a bit annoying though to lose a head to head to someone who isn't actually in the other BCG leagues. And hasn't restricted their selections to players beginning with B, C or G.

Quote: Badge @ August 18 2013, 11:04 PM BST

Thanks George. I'm still behind, but it's a DGW (I think that's what it's called) for some of my team. It would be a bit annoying though to lose a head to head to someone who isn't actually in the other BCG leagues. And hasn't restricted their selections to players beginning with B, C or G.

That team of yours is very good. We really like the craziness of the concept. Or did until the scores.

According to sources close to us, Giroud could be your undoing. However, we have joined teams based in Latvia, Detroit, Bondi Beach and a cafe in Stroud we'd never heard of before just in case things get worse.

Footnote: The code to the pigeon fanciers league is available at a reasonable price.

Apologies Alfred, I saw your team in the main league.
Do you want to join the clique league?
I think you do a secret leg shake & then someone PM's you the code.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 18 2013, 10:38 PM BST

Are you Johnny Twunt Kipper?

It IS fairly annoying to find yourself behind 'Paul's Mariners' again when you spent the whole of last season behind him and the dogcock never bothered to post here. Is there anyway to get rid of him - and twunt? Can we just start another league?

I've PM'd the code to Kipper.

I'm currently beating horseradish in the head to head. Cushty

I hope you don't mind me joing. I havent posted a great deal so asking for the code would be a brass neck I figured. But I joined the original one.

First ever time I've played so I'm not expecting much.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 19 2013, 12:14 AM BST

It IS fairly annoying to find yourself behind 'Paul's Mariners' again when you spent the whole of last season behind him and the dogcock never bothered to post here. Is there anyway to get rid of him - and twunt?

I think Dan has the power to remove players. Dan?

Quote: Numpty @ August 19 2013, 8:41 AM BST

I hope you don't mind me joing. I havent posted a great deal so asking for the code would be a brass neck I figured.

Yes, sorry, the private league is for regular posters only. 100 messages or more. You're welcome next time if you meet that criteria.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 18 2013, 6:59 PM BST

What were Chappers odds again Gerry.?

He's started well, but I can't see Noscum United drafting in any Man Utd players (unless he pulls a Godot), and that will harm his chances in the long run. 33/1.

Rob H is the one to watch. 71 points in the bag, 9 points to come off the bench and four players to play again. Very impressive.

And he's leaving 13pts on the bench with Coleman. Incidentally what is it with Coleman - everyone seems to have him - was there a memo that went round? I wouldn't have minded being in on it.

Everyone's fielded a fairly decent team to be honest - I don't see an real 'errors' except Horeradish captaining Shawcross, which presumably was some sort of slip of the mouse.

Chapman doesn't hate Liverpool, does he? He can pick up Suarez in September. Cheaper and likely to get more points.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 19 2013, 12:11 PM BST

And he's leaving 13pts on the bench with Coleman. Incidentally what is it with Coleman - everyone seems to have him - was there a memo that went round? I wouldn't have minded being in on it.

He's playing in a more advanced position under Martinez (as is Baines), he should be good for a few assists/goals. Clean sheets may be a bit of a struggle though.