The all in one consolidated tennis thread Page 14

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 26 2013, 9:28 PM BST

Which side of the draw is that Jamaican player Brown on?

Isn't he German?

Yeah that as well I think

He's in Murray's half btw.

Nadal out

Federer out

It's surely Murrays to lose now

The day that tennis finally became cool.

He's a Jamaican who opted for German nationality, but he could chosen to play for Britain too, due to family.

Sharapova vs Larcher de Brito was a clash of the squealers, and a great match with an epic final game. I've never heard any player do such a good vocal impression of a firework as de Brito. When I closed my eyes I could have sworn it was November the fifth.

I hope Murray doesn't win. He's a miserable charisma-free human being that sucks the joy out of watching tennis.

But to ghet them to shut up about how long it's been since a British male won.
That's got to be worth something surely.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 27 2013, 10:42 AM BST

But to ghet them to shut up about how long it's been since a British male won.
That's got to be worth something surely.

I genuinely don't get care about the British thing. I've always enjoyed Wimbeldon because you never really got the jingoistic nonsense you get with other sports. Even during the "Come in, Tim!" years nobody really expected him to win. You just enjoyed the different characters and styles, not the birth certificates.

Quote: chipolata @ June 27 2013, 10:41 AM BST

I hope Murray doesn't win. He's a miserable charisma-free human being that sucks the joy out of watching tennis.

I've always liked him, and liked the fact he doesn't turn it on for the Media, and seems pretty honest about himself and who he is.

Last Sunday's documentary about him was very moving when it touched on how close he was to being a victim of the Dublane massacre, and how profoundly it all affected the whole community.

Quote: chipolata @ June 27 2013, 10:41 AM BST

He's a miserable charisma-free human being that sucks the joy out of watching tennis.

Yes.

But also...

Quote: George Kaplan @ June 27 2013, 2:27 PM BST

liked the fact he doesn't turn it on for the Media, and seems pretty honest about himself and who he is.

Yes.

I've always liked him, and liked the fact he doesn't turn it on for the Media, and seems pretty honest about himself and who he is.

Last Sunday's documentary about him was very moving when it touched on how close he was to being a victim of the Dublane massacre, and how profoundly it all affected the whole community.

The Dunblane business is sad but to me he's just a bit dull. He's a Volvo with a tennis racket.

This.

Quote: chipolata @ June 27 2013, 3:07 PM BST

to me he's just a bit dull. He's a Volvo with a tennis racket.

Aren't you confusing him with this guy?

The Borg: retired at 26, suicide attempts, iconic hair- there was a tennis legend.

Quote: chipolata @ June 27 2013, 3:58 PM BST

The Borg: retired at 26, suicide attempts, iconic hair- there was a tennis legend.

chipolata - king of the comebacks. :)