The all in one consolidated tennis thread Page 10

At least the Frog could smile in defeat.

Like buses. You wait 74 years for a Brit to get to the final of Wimbledon and then you get two in an hour.

I felt a bit sorry for Tsonga when he got hit in the jaffas. Especially all the laughing and jokes from the crowd as he's writing on the floor in agony.

If I were him, I'd have jumped in the crowd and hit everyone in the knackers or tits with my racket and laughed in their faces.

Probably why I never got to the finals.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 6 2012, 8:54 PM BST

I felt a bit sorry for Tsonga when he got hit in the jaffas. Especially all the laughing and jokes from the crowd as he's writing on the floor in agony.

I bit stupid writing on the floor as it's grass. If it was clay it would've made more sense.

Quote: Chappers @ July 6 2012, 9:08 PM BST

I bit stupid writing on the floor as it's grass.

Thank you for pointing that out Chappers. Though techincally it's a lawn not grass. Grass is stuff that grows on the lawn.

Pedant tennis is shit.

EDIT: And stop biting stupid people. ;)

Come on Murray
Great chance to take the first set.
Don't mess it up

First set in the bag

Easy!

I say, this spiffing British newcomer battling against the Swiss fellow is a revelation compared to that dreadful Scottish fellow who crashes out every year.

Quote: sean knight @ July 8 2012, 3:57 PM BST

I say, this spiffing British newcomer battling against the Swiss fellow is a revelation compared to that dreadful Scottish fellow who crashes out every year.

I think you'll find the Scot is currently playing. It's one set all now.

Get in there Roger :)

The game seems to be tipping in Federer's direction.

Quelle surprise

Quote: sean knight @ July 8 2012, 4:28 PM BST

Quelle surprise

There's been hundreds and hundreds of useless British players in recent decades

Most of them go out in the first round

But hey, forget them

Let's criticise the first one to go all the way to the final in over seventy f**king years

And let's really lay into him some more if he fails to beat arguably the greatest tennis player in history in this final

Arse

Quote: lofthouse @ July 8 2012, 5:37 PM BST

There's been hundreds and hundreds of useless British players in recent decades

Most of them go out in the first round

But hey, forget them

Let's criticise the first one to go all the way to the final in over seventy f**king years

And let's really lay into him some more if he fails to beat arguably the greatest tennis player in history in this final

Arse

I was referring to the rain break :P

There's no way you can ever prove otherwise.

Ah so your a coward as well ?

Pffft

You'd be no good against Federer would you pal?