The all in one consolidated tennis thread Page 11

I resent that! I tried my best to get behind him but it's safer to stand directly in front of him.

Federer was brilliant

Aw, Murray done a cry. Bless.

I don't get why people say that once the roof shuts somehow it changes everything, like 'Federer's really good at indoor tennis, so now it's his advantage' What? There's a temporary roof miles above their heads and suddenly things change?

If they just mean purely psychologically then maybe I'll buy it, but otherwise. Just mental.

Deus ex Machina

Quote: sean knight @ July 8 2012, 3:57 PM BST

I say, this spiffing British newcomer battling against the Swiss fellow is a revelation compared to that dreadful Scottish fellow who crashes out every year.

He's only British if he'd won.

I think maybe we should've sent Al Murray in.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 6 2012, 9:13 PM BST

Thank you for pointing that out Chappers. Though techincally it's a lawn not grass. Grass is stuff that grows on the lawn.

Pedant tennis is shit.

EDIT: And stop biting stupid people. ;)

Memo to self. If you're going to pick up on people's typos make doubly sure there are none in your reply.

Quote: zooo @ July 8 2012, 6:40 PM BST

I don't get why people say that once the roof shuts somehow it changes everything, like 'Federer's really good at indoor tennis, so now it's his advantage' What? There's a temporary roof miles above their heads and suddenly things change?

If they just mean purely psychologically then maybe I'll buy it, but otherwise. Just mental.

Oh yeah that's been well tested and proved in lab conditions and everything. Same for all ball sports, basically indoors there's far less ball swing and it goes straight where you want it to go, thus favouring the more accurate and precise Federer in this case. Stats will show he missed a lot less when the roof closed. Case closed. :)

Bad luck for Murray, he had a real good go this time but he's just a notch below Federer's brilliance, who with or without the roof would've surely won. I do think he's a bit of a Swiss swanker tho, with his magazine looks, trademark hairstyle, 1950s style clothes, monogrammed no less, absolutely everything from his racket to his wife and kids image coordinated to match the Roger Federer trademark Errr Great player, but my God doesn't he know it.

They change all the atmosphere and everything - like air-conditioning. That's why it takes about half an hour to start agan when it only takes about 5 minutes for the roof to close.

Some players find serving indoor easier apparently

Think it's a light issue

And Federers record indoors is excellent

He would still have won though - the guys bloody awesome , even at this stage of his career

Ah fair dos, I suppose I'll let them off then.

Murray's been to about four grand slam finals now, which, even though he hasn't won one yet, must make him one of the most successful Brit tennis players of all time.

Quote: sean knight @ July 8 2012, 3:57 PM BST

I say, this spiffing British newcomer battling against the Swiss fellow is a revelation compared to that dreadful Scottish fellow who crashes out every year.

:D

You were quite into this for someone who recently proclaimed 'Death to Tennis'!

Hehe, I only watched a few minutes here and there. I did like it when he cried though.

Quote: zooo @ July 9 2012, 12:34 PM BST

Hehe, I only watched a few minutes here and there. I did like it when he cried though.

You monster!

(Yeah, that was great)

Quote: zooo @ July 9 2012, 12:34 PM BST

I got all upset when he started crying. :(

Just to reiterate, I don't mean I liked it cos it was funny, I mean I liked it cos it was sweet!