The all in one consolidated tennis thread Page 19

zooo, that sounded like Rufus on the Beeb's closing credits just now. :)

Oh damn, I missed it.

I did hear one of his songs playing in the pub on EastEnders this week, though. :O

Quote: zooo @ July 5 2013, 9:43 PM BST

Oh damn, I missed it.

I did hear one of his songs playing in the pub on EastEnders this week, though. :O

Classy. Laughing out loud

Hehe. I wonder if he has to give his permission. Probably not.

According to Twitter it was a song by Alistair Griffin on the tennis. Who I also like! Maybe they sound the same.

Quote: zooo @ July 5 2013, 9:48 PM BST

Hehe. I wonder if he has to give his permission. Probably not.

According to Twitter it was a song by Alistair Griffin on the tennis. Who I also like! Maybe they sound the same.

What I meant to say was, I think there's a song you might like, zooo. *cough*

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHifflPwDlc#at=62

So, Bartoli has it. Brilliant tennis. Love both players but pleased for Marion because Lisiki is younger and will have more chances in the future.

And at least we won't have to listen to extremely well-paid BBC presenters mispronounce Lisiki's name as Sa-been instead of Za-bena.

Good: I don't have to get annoyed by the Germans and their Media bragging about "their" Wimbledon champion.

Bad: Lisicki is a nice person and an interesting player. She'd have deserved it.

Wimbledon News:

"The No. 1 seed Belinda Bencic of Switzerland won her second consecutive major title when she defeated American Taylor Townsend 4-6, 6-1, 6-4 to win the girls' singles final.

With this victory, Bencic, the doubles runner-up at the All England Club last year and recent Roland Garros winner recorded her third win against Townsend this year. She defeated the American in the Roland Garros quarter-final and weeks later on grass at the AEGON Junior International event."

from: http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/articles/2013-07-06/201307061373120855178.html

Whistling nnocently

Absolutely amazing response from Bartoli after some ridiculous comments from John Inverdale regarding her appearance.

"It doesn't matter, honestly. I am not blonde, yes. That is a fact. Have I dreamt about having a model contract? No. I'm sorry.

"But have I dreamed about winning Wimbledon? Absolutely, yes."

Turns out, women have more to offer in this world than simply being beautiful.

The missus was telling me about some dreadful comments on twitter about Bartoli.
Grow up people!

Doubtless all the people making these comments were stunners themselves...

John Inverdale is an utter twat.

Quote: zooo @ July 6 2013, 11:00 PM BST

John Inverdale is an utter twat.

Always has been!
IMO