The all in one consolidated tennis thread Page 24

Evans in action
Broken second game by Robredo, broke straight back.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 31 2013, 11:44 PM BST

Evans in action
Broken second game by Robredo, broke straight back.

He had Robredo on the ropes in the fourth, but then choked when he served for the set with two set points and double-faulted and hit some wild shots. A real shame, but I think he looks very promising. Spirited & good technique. I wonder if Murray's success has inspired him?

Murray against Swiss man Wawrinka. Could be a good match. They had lots of hard fights in the past.

EDIT: Head-To-Head: http://www.atpworldtour.com/Players/Head-To-Head.aspx?pId=W367&oId=MC10

Tennis is one of my spectator sports but the Murray success feels just a bit too real.

Looks quite good at the moment for the only Swiss player left at the US Open. Bad for you Brits.

Come on, Stan!

Two sets to love!

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ September 5 2013, 9:09 PM BST

Looks quite good at the moment for the only Swiss player left at the US Open. Bad for you Brits.

Come on, Stan!

Two sets to love!

I'm with you Gordon.

Anything it takes to upset his f**king mother !

Although sod's law says he'll win.

I^m not very confident either. I'm expecting Murray to fight back. But it's looking good at moment.

Break!!

Lovely Jubbly!!!

Get in !

F**k off Faceache and take the old bag with you !

Wave Wave

:D

Congrats, Stan. Who needs Federer? ;)

High drama in the women's final with Victoria victorious against Serena in the second set tie-breaker, it's one set all after 2 hours, and into a final set.

Federer's out...still, one more "Schweiz-Man" to cheer for.

One Swiss guy in the quarter finals. Now it's up to Federer to double up.

According to Eurosport, Ana Ivanovic is officially resident in Basle, so she's yours too, Gordon. ;)

Quote: George Kaplan @ 19th January 2014, 4:01 PM GMT

Ana Ivanovic...she's yours, Gordon. ;)

I wish.