The all in one consolidated tennis thread Page 27

Federer to serve. Yes please!

I was just thinking that although I think Nadal will give Stan a tougher match tennis-wise, it still might be better for him to play Rafa than Roger.

Psychologically it would have been tougher to face Roger in his first Slam final, with all that Roger represents.

This way it's just a tennis match, pure and simple.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 24th January 2014, 3:19 PM GMT

I was just thinking that although I think Nadal will give Stan a tougher match tennis-wise, it still might be better for him to play Rafa than Roger.

Psychologically it would have been tougher to face Roger in his first Slam final, with all that Roger represents.

Spot on. In 2011 Wawrinka played Federer in the quarterfinals of the Australian Open...and in the third round of the French Open. In both matches Stan was like paralyzed.

You're right, against Rafa he won't have this kind of mental blockage. But he will lose anyway, in three, maybe four sets. But I won't be disappointed, this was a great tournament.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 24th January 2014, 5:44 PM GMT

But he will lose anyway, in three, maybe four sets. But I won't be disappointed, this was a great tournament.

At the risk of going around in circles, and contradicting myself, I think he's in with a great chance. On his day, he's proved he's a phenomenal player. The unknown factor is how well he copes with the occasion.

Doesn't look too bad for Wawrinka. Am I dreaming?

Nadal is obviously injured. But Wawrinka has to stay focussed.

...finally, his first game in the third set. Come on, Stan!

Stan seems to have lost it, at least temporarily. Pull yourself together!

For crying out loud! Pull yourself together!

Break!!!

Re-Break...shit.

Break again!!

Boeuf a la mode!

[b]Wawrinka - Nadal 6-3 6-2 3-6 6-3[b]

Nr 3 and Nr 8...am I dreaming, or have I tasted too much of David Smith's crystal meth? :)

Congrats, you Brits! Two nil against the Yanks.

1. Does anybody understand the Davis Cup?

2. Does anyone give a toss?

Quote: Oldrocker @ 3rd February 2014, 12:20 AM GMT

1. Does anybody understand the Davis Cup?

2. Does anyone give a toss?

Yes, Switzerland has reached the Davis Cup semifinals! Shame, Great Britain didn't make it.

;)

Does my face look bovered?

Angry

Would you believe, a Swiss final in Monte Carlo:

Wawrinka vs. Federer

May the best man win...

Quote: George Kaplan @ 3rd February 2014, 12:33 AM GMT

Ha ha, Freddie Davis and his fantastic gerbil juggling routine. That's the sort of thing we're missing on TV now. :(

:D