The all in one consolidated tennis thread Page 22

Some unbelievable points there towards the end.

Henman was always a step behind the best in the world. Not this man. Congratulations Andy.

All the miserable, bitter Murray haters..

US OPEN CHAMPION
OLYMPIC CHAMPION
WIMBLEDON CHAMPION

READ IT N' WEEP !!!!!

Laughing out loud

Well Done, so delighted for Andy Murray. Yes he finally cracked it!

Those were the days... Teary Teary

;)

I shall assume he is a Swish.

Well done, Andy! :D

I admit I was a little disappointed you didn't personally thank your loyal supporters here at the BCG afterwards - we all know that you couldn't have done it without us.

I hope you get the recognition you so richly deserve. Perhaps they could name a mint after you, or something?

you know what is weird is that it is the 7th of the 7th month and its been 77yrs since a british guy has won wimbledon. ;)

And the last time a woman won it was 1977. Ooooooh.

Quote: pio231 @ July 7 2013, 6:48 PM BST

you know what is weird is that it is the 7th of the 7th month and its been 77yrs since a british guy has won wimbledon. ;)

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ July 7 2013, 6:55 PM BST

Seven at the seance too. :S

Ok here we go!
I fancy Djokovic in 5 sets

It would have been better to wait until we hadn't won it for 100 years before winning again.

Quote: zooo @ July 7 2013, 2:08 PM BST

I assume Inverdale isn't commentating on the men's match today?
Or are we in for a long discussion about which of the girlfriends is fittest.

You might be surprised to learn that despite having exercised away his neck in the gym and being forced to present Today at Wimbledon in a fat man's coat because of his muscles, John Inverdale was never a professional athlete.

His Bartoli comments reveal that he isn't a professional presenter either.

His crassness and sexism is lamentable but as a man what distresses me most is this glimpse into the empty room of his mind where Marion Bartoli is not 'a looker'. Although it has nothing to do with her chosen career I would have said that she was beautiful and most people would think that.

Is it really the case that if you go on TV with brown hair and no mascara people won't notice you're pretty?

Quote: Godot Taxis @ July 8 2013, 12:28 PM BST

Is it really the case that if you go on TV with brown hair and no mascara people won't notice you're pretty?

It is precisely that, unfortunately.

What do people expect from sports commentators, though? It's a profession rife with vapid locker room laddishness. It's not for nothing that Alan Partridge started out as one (and Inverdale's comment is very Partridgesque). In fact the whole of sport is pretty empty headed.