Things that piss you off Page 1,471

When did Easter become a Presents holiday?

Growing up, we got some gifts in our Easter basket, but they were tiny gifts. Small gifts. We didn't associate Easter with presents because the fun of Easter was finding a big basket of candy and then going to hunt for eggs.

It's confusing the theologies also, because we are taught that Christmas is the birth of our Lord and Savior and therefore a gift from God. Easter is the resurrection of our Lord and Savior because we nailed him to a f**king cross. We shouldn't get presents for that, it sends the wrong message.

"What's that? You spent all night torturing your roommate to death with a knife and a bullwhip? Well the good news is he's in the hospital and making a full recovery. The bad news is I couldn't find that Optimus Prime Transformer so I hope you don't mind getting Wheeljack and Bumblebee in your basket."

We just give Easter eggs over here, do you mean you are expected to give other gifts to each other in the US?? That would be annoying.

I don't know how much differently Easter traditions are where anyone who reads this may be from, but in my house, we coloured the eggs the night before. The "Easter Bunny" hid the eggs and left us our baskets, which we found in the morning. The baskets had candy and occasionally a gift or two, but the fun was in finding hidden eggs.

But in the last ten years that I've been working retail, it seems like the Easter Bunny owes Santa money or something, because parents buy several carriages full of toys and such. The way I imagine some of these kids' houses on Easter morning you would think they had won the Hunger Games.

Quote: NateSean @ 27th April 2014, 12:30 AM BST

I don't know how much differently Easter traditions are where anyone who reads this may be from, but in my house, we coloured the eggs the night before. The "Easter Bunny" hid the eggs and left us our baskets, which we found in the morning. The baskets had candy and occasionally a gift or two, but the fun was in finding hidden eggs.

But in the last ten years that I've been working retail, it seems like the Easter Bunny owes Santa money or something, because parents buy several carriages full of toys and such. The way I imagine some of these kids' houses on Easter morning you would think they had won the Hunger Games.

Any excuse to sell some more stuff. Easter is forgotten by the corporations the day after it's over.

On a similar note, I was glad to see in a Thai bank that Visa (or was it MasterCard, who cares) have "World Cup Fever", just like they probably had "Olympic Fever" a couple of years ago, and the "Christmas Spirit" every November/December.

Even lamer than that though...:

A. S. Ramchander, VP Global Marketing at Castrol, said: "We are thrilled to be working with Neymar. He demands the best performance from himself in every game he plays, just as Castrol demands the best performance from our oils every time the engine starts. The 2014 FIFA World Cup™ is the perfect opportunity for us to combine our respective passions for superior performance, innovation and football."

Sick Clearly the way to climb the corporate ladder is to have no shame and be willing to say everything.

If I said the bolded part of the quote, I think I'd kill myself, as I'd already be dead on the inside.

It makes me NOT want to but the product.

TTPYO, touchscreen booking-in system at the Doctor's. Didn't they consider that some people there might have something contagious? Idiocy.

How had I never thought of that before?
I love doing that bit.
*never goes to doctor's again*

I even wear a scarf round my mouth and don't sit near anyone in the waiting room, so it's not like I'm not already paranoid...

Crusty old homeless drunks taking a shit on the 149 bus between Dalston and London Bridge on a Sunday morning around 8am.

Yep, this actually happened yesterday and I'm still traumatised. It's why I prefer trains and tubes to get around London, that extra 50p a journey helps screen out a lot of loonies, scum and substance abusers.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 28th April 2014, 12:58 PM BST

Crusty old homeless drunks taking a shit on the 149 bus between Dalston and London Bridge on a Sunday morning around 8am.

Yep, this actually happened yesterday and I'm still traumatised. It's why I prefer trains and tubes to get around London, that extra 50p a journey helps screen out a lot of loonies, scum and substance abusers.

Laughing out loud

On a completely unrelated note, I get pissed off by drunk arseholes who won't go to bed! Angry

Quote: Ben @ 28th April 2014, 1:04 PM BST

Laughing out loud

I get pissed off by drunk arseholes who won't go to bed! Angry

You only had to ask!

Quote: Nogget @ 28th April 2014, 12:45 PM BST

TTPYO, touchscreen booking-in system at the Doctor's. Didn't they consider that some people there might have something contagious? Idiocy.

Hole in the wall machines are worse culprits, people using them have probably recently touched their genitals.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 28th April 2014, 1:27 PM BST

Hole in the wall machines are worse culprits, people using them have probably recently touched my genitals.

That's off your Match.com profile innit.

:D

There should be a rule for touchscreens like in the gym where you have to wipe the equipment down after yourself.

I can't got for 2 in a row.

My GPs surgery has a bottle of sani wash next to it.

It's alcohol free, on account of many of patients not wanting alcohol and other patients being our new friends from the EU who want it a little too much.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 28th April 2014, 1:27 PM BST

Hole in the wall machines are worse culprits, people using them with their genitals.

Personally I like to use my penis as it has a much smaller end and far more accurate. I have a tiny penis anyway. You'd be surprised at it's uses :)