Things that piss you off Page 1,467

Quote: sootyj @ 20th April 2014, 6:39 PM BST

Yeh I've been reading about this plan by Al Quaeda to take over Birmingham schools. Turns out they were failing schools, parents complained till the head gets changed.

Al Quaeda are quite good at removing heads

Booyah!

People who throw rubbish into our river, so that you see some ducks and beautiful swans floating past, and then a carrier bag or a bottle Angry
I wish someone would throw them in!

The new EastEnders promo / trailer / advert. I haven't watched the show in over 20 years and the latest television spot kind of confirms why it's to be avoided.

It also shows just how crap we are as a country and a viewing audience. Fat bloke making a cup of tea in slow motion is hardly Game of Thrones.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 21st April 2014, 2:15 PM BST

Fat bloke making a cup of tea in slow motion

Is that an actual scene? That sounds so shit it would be worth watching.

And yeah, EastEnders just seems terrible. Bunch of moaning, horrible people who can't resolve anything simply and without fuss. Quite depressing that it's watched at all.

I think that advert is really creepy. The way their eyes move is quite scary.

But comparing a UK soap to a US drama is disingenuous. Compare EastEnders to one of their soaps, both shit.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 20th April 2014, 6:36 PM BST

I do try to remind the old dears that the last time we had a religious led government, Oliver Cromwell ended up with his head on a stick and all of his followers banished to the colonies.

Mind you, a lot of British people seem to like that Dalai Lama, and he has a theocracy.

And lovely yellow robes.

Quote: Nogget @ 21st April 2014, 8:24 PM BST

Mind you, a lot of British people seem to like that Dalai Lama, and he has a theocracy.

Difficult without a country. I like 1800 line, dial a Lama.

Quote: Raymond Terrific @ 21st April 2014, 2:19 PM BST

And yeah, EastEnders just seems terrible. Bunch of moaning, horrible people who can't resolve anything simply and without fuss. Quite depressing that it's watched at all.

Had it on in the background as I was accessing catch-up on iPlayer, and a bit surprised to spot Timothy West in the cast.

I know

An actor of his calibre

Working on that pile of shite

Staggering

Lots of well respected actors pop up in soaps. Maybe they want a nice bit of easy work/money now and then.

Quote: lofthouse @ 21st April 2014, 10:33 PM BST

I know

An actor of his calibre

Working on that pile of shite

Staggering

£££££££££££££££££££££££££

Quote: zooo @ 21st April 2014, 10:35 PM BST

Lots of well respected actors pop up in soaps. Maybe they want a nice bit of easy work/money now and then.

I think it's more to do with the lack of dramatic television work in the UK. God knows how many hours are taken up by either soaps or reality shows in any given week.

Our dramatic television production is easily 10 years behind America at the moment. We've entered a golden age of television and it's all from abroad.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 21st April 2014, 10:44 PM BST

I think it's more to do with the lack of dramatic television work in the UK. God knows how many hours are taken up by either soaps or reality shows in any given week.

Our dramatic television production is easily 10 years behind America at the moment. We've entered a golden age of television and it's all from a broad.

Miranda Hart? Whistling nnocently