Things that piss you off Page 1,464

There you go Stephen, I've amended your response to give you more man points. You are welcome.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 17th April 2014, 4:04 PM BST

What's not to like about The World Cup?

Well at least for me. I get to wear my England Shirt (and I do love that shirt)

You get to go in the pub at 11:00am and down a few cheeky ones before the match. I usually take a silver hip flask for some sneaky nips in the toilet too - that causes much giggling as it is passed around the pews.

Admittedly, the opening ceremony can be a bit long winded, especially if it's a catholic country but a small price to pay for a long happy fun day.
Plus, I always love to have a kebab at the evening's end.

I usually take a silver hip flask for some sneaky nips in the church too - that causes much giggling as it is passed around the pews.

I'm attending my first ever wedding in a few weeks, so I might give this a go!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 17th April 2014, 4:54 PM BST

As a comedy writer, I think that's actually quite a valuable thing to be able to do.

Laughter is the best medicine. Except for real medicine, which is the best medicine.

Quote: Ben @ 17th April 2014, 5:09 PM BST

:O

You're first ever wedding?! Wow, you've dodged a lot of bullets. Well enjoy it matey. By the time you've been to your 10th, you'll want the world to end and everyone to die because you're so frikkin bored out of your skull.

Quote: Ben @ 17th April 2014, 5:09 PM BST

How is that possible, I'm genuinely baffled, people are getting married all the time.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 17th April 2014, 5:12 PM BST

Laughter is the best medicine. Except for real medicine, which is the best medicine.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

What's not to like about weddings?

Well at least for me. I get to wear my best suit (and I do love that suit) - tailor made, nearly black with red silk lining including the trousers, shoes that cost more than a weeks wage and a snazzy tie. And, my wife in her (latest) posh frock n hat looking gorgeous.

You get to go in the pub at 11:00am and down a few cheeky ones before the ceremony. I usually take a silver hip flask for some sneaky nips in the church too - that causes much giggling as it is passed around the pews.

Admittedly, the ceremony can be a bit long winded, especially if it's a catholic wedding but a small price to pay for a long happy fun day.
Plus, I always love to have a boogie at the evening do.

Stephen, you sound like you'd be so much fun at a wedding. Unlike some misery knickers I can think of.

Quote: sootyj @ 17th April 2014, 5:15 PM BST

How is that possible, I'm genuinely baffled, people are getting married all the time.

It is an impressive feat. I go to at least six a year - more this year as my contemporaries are on the "pre-30 rush"

Yes going with Goodlad to a wedding, would be a world of pure imagination.

TTPYO:

Urgh.

You just left a skidmark on the BCG

Not only are wedding OK, so are funerals, because people are in such a heightened state of anxiety that almost anything becomes hilarious. They're better than a lot of live comedy I've seen.

Quote: sootyj @ 17th April 2014, 7:24 PM BST

You just left a skidmark on the BCG

I must admit, I like the little <3 at the end.

'You're all a bunch of evil c**ts. <3 '

Quote: zooo @ 17th April 2014, 2:49 PM BST

Is this the first good idea RC's ever had? :O

Would not free contraceptive machines make more sense for a wedding?

Quote: billwill @ 17th April 2014, 7:35 PM BST

Would not free contraceptive machines make more sense for a wedding?

That horse has already bolted. Most of the time, the kids are page boys and flower girls at their own parent's wedding.

Hmm, wonder if there is a market for 'Congratulations, you are no longer a bastard' cards? You know, make it fun for the kids, maybe have a musical one that plays 'Too Legit to Quit' when you open it.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 17th April 2014, 7:22 PM BST

TTPYO:

Urgh.

I want to get one made up that says this...

"That person you openly accused of being a bully on Facebook? Guess what - they're not!
They're actually quite reasonable.
So, f**k off, you sanctemonius windbag."
<3

Quote: Lazzard @ 17th April 2014, 7:39 PM BST

I want to get one made up that says this...

"That person you openly accused of being a bully on Facebook? Guess what - they're not!
They're actually quite reasonable.
So, f**k off, you sanctemonius windbag."
<3

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud