Things that piss you off Page 1,465

Quote: sootyj @ 17th April 2014, 6:40 PM BST

Yes going with Goodlad to a wedding, would be a world of pure imagination.

What?

I mean it would be a wonderful experience like going to Willy Wonkas chocolate factory.

What else could you possibly think I mean.

Are you showing off to your mates by thinking you are being subtly witty again.

Very clever.

Oh I don't have any mates.

I do apologise, in retrospect I can see my wording could be taken to indicate someone being a Walter Mitty fantasist, with a carefully constructed imaginative world of fibs.

When I meant and I can assure you my utter sincerity, that you sound like the life and soul of the party.
I bet you even share some of the jokes you write for famous comics.

Oh, I see you are being clever!

And what do you base this on - intuition?

That was rhetorical as I don't wish to continue.

It turns out you can't even pay a compliment these days.
What a sad, cynical and doubtfilled world we live in.

Upworthy

I swear I'm only signed upto it to maintain my anger levels.

'I got lithium-9. Which radioactive isotope are you?'

These quizzes really, really have to stop.

Quote: sootyj @ 17th April 2014, 11:15 PM BST

Upworthy

Jesus.

Quote: sootyj @ 17th April 2014, 11:15 PM BST

Upworthy

Some could come from BCG, maybe zooo would say:

Some dude told me he didn't want to hear my feminist rants

"Hashtag# Pray for...(insert disaster here: Norway, MH370, Sendai etc.)"

Considering the absolute lack of results from all the constant "Praying for MH370", and massive death tolls from other such disasters prayed for in the same way, maybe it's time to conclude that either:

(1) God is a psychopathic bastard who happily kills people for shits and giggles, and doesn't give two f**ks about your prayers.

or

(2) He doesn't exist, and it's all just in the hands of luck, physics and some human intervention, for better or for worse.

Either way, stop f**king "Praying for Suwon". It's sunk, the children are almost certain to be dead (and if they are not, it's because of small pockets of air, and not because God decided to kills 270 instead of 290 of them) and it's absolutely horrible.

Dammit! Another friend of mine has just been 'inked'. It's depressing when you hold someone in very high esteem and they go and do something like this.

The person in question got their dead mother's name tattooed on their arm and put a picture up on Facebook. Though I like this person and think they're awesome in so many ways, I must admit, I've lost a bit of respect for them.

I'm now beginning to wonder if I will be the last person on Earth without some form of prehistoric tribal marking embedded in their skin.

Why have you lost respect for them? How odd. A friend if mine got a Winnie The Pooh tattoo. I thought it was hideous. However my respect for them is based on who they are as a person. They can cover their bodies with as many Disney characters as they deem appropriate, it really doesn't change the way I feel about them.

Personally, I think the negativity shown to people with tattoos amounts to a form of colour prejudice. Not that I'd ever want one.

I think tattoo's usually don't look as you think they will, don't fit with your changing looks, but it's a mostly free society isn't it.

I mean it's not like tattoo parlours do much advertising, people want them.

The only friends have got ones have got shitty, little football team ones and they look terrible.

I wonder if the queen has any tattoos.

Quote: Jennie @ 18th April 2014, 5:01 PM BST

Why have you lost respect for them? How odd.

I lost a bit of respect for them, not total respect. Regardless, I thought my friend was an intelligent free thinker who didn't go along with the crowd. Especially with the 'Dead Mum' motif and the message about them always being close to their heart...and presumably their arm now.

Quote: Nogget @ 18th April 2014, 5:22 PM BST

Personally, I think the negativity shown to people with tattoos amounts to a form of colour prejudice.

No doubt coming to a European Court of Human Rights near you.

'Haringey Council will have to pay £80,000 in compensation after it was found guilty for sacking Lollipop Operator Gnasher McNazi when he showed up for work with a tattoo of a swastika on his forehead and the words 'Wogs Out' on his knuckles'.