Things that piss you off Page 1,461

Quote: sootyj @ 16th April 2014, 7:43 PM BST

Call me Ishmael you mopy dick.

That's the wrong kind of poon.

a her-poon

actually add the royal family, watching the current tour it's just hideous and demeaning to all. Both the simple minded common wealthers expected to chair them on, the gormless royal couple and their lumpen baby.

Enough there is no dignity, just a hideous display of mawkishness.

There's less dignity then when Diana gave AIDS victims pity wanks.

Quote: sootyj @ 16th April 2014, 8:01 PM BST

a her-poon

actually add the royal family, watching the current tour it's just hideous and demeaning to all. Both the simple minded common wealthers expected to chair them on, the gormless royal couple and their lumpen baby.

Enough there is no dignity, just a hideous display of mawkishness.

There's less dignity then when Diana gave AIDS victims pity wanks.

Har! At last you're coming round to my way of thinking.

I always felt that way.

But if the royal family stands for one thing and it's only one thing.

It's an alternative to the awful mawkish, mess that a presidential election would be.

I mean in the UK ....shudders in advance...... we'd get Boris Johnson as our president.

TTPYO: Trying to find appropriate wedding attire. Thought I had found the perfect dress only to be told that "red isn't really a wedding colour".

SAYS WHO?

Apparently it is a bit "vampy".

The other dress I really like is black - would you prefer me to wear that?

Honestly, boys don't realise how easy they have it.

Pff, surely you can wear red or black. You already can't wear white, they have to leave you some colours!

That was my point! Sadly my friend didn't agree.

Anyway, I think it is more pink than red.

http://www.coast-stores.com/malia-dress/short-dresses/coast/fcp-product/2224854456

Indeed, Coast agree, because they have categorised it as pink.

Quote: Jennie @ 16th April 2014, 9:39 PM BST

TTPYO: Trying to find appropriate wedding attire. Thought I had found the perfect dress only to be told that "red isn't really a wedding colour".

SAYS WHO?

Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones can pick me some wedding attire and deliver it to me.

In my size, fitting perfectly, with accessories.

Quote: Jennie @ 16th April 2014, 9:43 PM BST

That was my point! Sadly my friend didn't agree.

Anyway, I think it is more pink than red.

http://www.coast-stores.com/malia-dress/short-dresses/coast/fcp-product/2224854456

Indeed, Coast agree, because they have categorised it as pink.

Ooh, get it! Looks very weddingy to me.

Thanks! Can I ask if you prefer this one?

http://www.coast-stores.com/velma-dress/short-dresses/coast/fcp-product/2143439780

I like it, but it is quite similar to my work clothes - but then this is a group of friends who don't see me in a suit very often so I might get away with it.

Clothes shopping is hard and not fun when you have to get something.

Quote: zooo @ 16th April 2014, 9:47 PM BST

Ooh, get it! Looks very weddingy to me.

'allo. Drop of bromide in her tea I think . . .

Quote: Jennie @ 16th April 2014, 9:39 PM BST

SAYS WHO?

Apparently it is a bit "vampy".

The other dress I really like is black - would you prefer me to wear that?

Honestly, boys don't realise how easy they have it.

Tell them to f**k off and wear what you like. That's one of the things that pisses me off about weddings - all this tradition crap about what you wear. I've warned my two that if they ever get married I won't wear all this mother-of-the-groom crap. No - bare feet and sandals with a hippy skirt, that's for me. (Be warned,Jenny). I've certainly worn black to a wedding (my wardrobe is a sea of black - quite difficult to see things)

Quote: keewik @ 16th April 2014, 11:39 PM BST

(my wardrobe is a sea of black - quite difficult to see things)

You and me both!

Currently wearing black socks, underpants, joggers and t shirt!

Quote: Jennie @ 16th April 2014, 9:56 PM BST

Thanks! Can I ask if you prefer this one?

http://www.coast-stores.com/velma-dress/short-dresses/coast/fcp-product/2143439780

I like it, but it is quite similar to my work clothes - but then this is a group of friends who don't see me in a suit very often so I might get away with it.

Clothes shopping is hard and not fun when you have to get something.

Ooh, I do prefer the black one actually. Partly because I would wear it, and partly because you'd probably get more wear out of it. (Boring reason, but still!)

You could wear fun coloured shoes to wedding it up a bit.