I've just seen... Page 387

Quote: Nil Putters @ 26th January 2014, 11:46 PM GMT

The World's End. I'm a bit disappointed to be honest.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 12th January 2014, 10:39 PM GMT

Finally saw the third instalment of the 'Cornetto Trilogy' with The World's End and came away very disappointed.

It starts off great and then half way through the film it just becomes a disjointed illogical mess. I began to lose interest in the story, the characters and the whole premise. Despite the frenetic camera work and editing, I was actually bored and couldn't wait for it to end.

Wave

Quote: zooo @ 26th January 2014, 11:54 PM GMT

Definitely.

I think the main problem I had was that Simon's character was so unlikeable. I guess they were trying to make sure he was totally different from his characters in Shaun and Hot Fuzz. But he was just such a dick (and had a weird voice).

I honestly didn't find Pegg's character unlikable in the slightest, just funny. A really terrific performance from him; physically too.

Loved The World's End.

I liked his backstory (therapy etc) maybe I wanted a tiny bit more about that, to make him more sympathetic. I dunno.

I watched Maniac the other day. I do like Elijah Wood and think he makes a great nutter (see: Sin City) But this film was pretty awful and was made worse by the awful exposition due to the gimmicky "POV" direction. I honestly kept expecting one of the Peep Show characters to pop up.

I'm really tired of gore too. I don't need to see a graphic scalping whilst trying to relax with a movie... I do enough of that at the weekends...

Quote: Lee @ 27th January 2014, 1:43 PM GMT

I'm really tired of gore too.

I don't know, I think he is great! (No, I don't).

I watched Maniac the other day. I do like Elijah Wood and think he makes a great nutter (see: Sin City) But this film was pretty awful and was made worse by the awful exposition due to the gimmicky "POV" direction. I honestly kept expecting one of the Peep Show characters to pop up.

I'm really tired of gore too. I don't need to see a graphic scalping whilst trying to relax with a movie... I do enough of that at the weekends...

Then stop going to that cinema at Sands Creek.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 17th January 2014, 8:42 PM GMT

Hoffman is another great one of this century.

Teary

He was that.

I take it that's a remake of the late 70's horror film of the same name? I have that on DVD somewhere from when I was fully in my horror phase. It contains a scene which is probably the only scene in anything that actually had me hiding behind a cushion.

Rush
A really good movie.

Although it does gloss over his time at Liverpool somewhat confusingly

Alpha Papa. Didn't expect too much...it was not great, but good. Lynn had a criminally short appearance.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 6th February 2014, 8:22 PM GMT

Rush
A really good movie.

Although it does gloss over his time at Liverpool somewhat confusingly

:D

Are you road-testing new gags for your Twitter?

:$

Well I did definitely just see Rush
The joke was for free

I went to see American Hustle earlier. I got the impression from the trailers I'd seen that it was going to be action packed, but it was actually fairly slow paced. That's not to say it was a bad thing, as it seemed to improve as the film went on, much like a red Bordeaux. Anyway, I thought it was decent and that Christian Bale put in a superb performance.

I watched the British/Australian film A Few Best Men last night and have to say it's another embarrassment for British cinema. The gags and acting are so cringe inducing that it's very depressing. I can't even begin to consider what was going through the cast and crew's heads as they made this. Perhaps they just needed the money.

The night before, I watched Fever Pitch and it was a delightfully British film which I enjoyed immensely.