I've just seen...

Just somewhere to give us your verdict on a movie you've just seen (old or new).

Just recently watched Watchmen and District 9.

I thought D9 was absolutely awesome. Really original idea with a few funny moments and one or two not-so-subtle political statements made throughout. And the prawns' weapons were ace.

Watchmen was looooooooooong and boring. Apparently, or so I read, it was full of complexity and multi-layering, but I'm a dimwit so all that was lost on me and I just found it far too drawn-out and dull.

There was another film actually, but I can't remember what it was called. Had Will Ferrel(sp) in it. He went into another dimension where there were dinosaurs and lizard men and this monkey thing. Anyone know what it's called? Anyway, I really liked that one. Thought it were funny.

Quote: Moonstone @ September 23 2009, 9:21 PM BST

I thought D9 was absolutely awesome. Really original idea with a few funny moments and one or two not-so-subtle political statements made throughout. And the prawns' weapons were ace.

Yes, was awesome. Loved it.

Watchmen was looooooooooong and boring. Apparently, or so I read, it was full of complexity and multi-layering, but I'm a dimwit so all that was lost on me and I just found it far too drawn-out and dull.

Angry "You should not have come back"

There was another film actually, but I can't remember what it was called. Had Will Ferrel(sp) in it. He went into another dimension where there were dinosaurs and lizard men and this monkey thing. Anyone know what it's called? Anyway, I really liked that one. Thought it were funny.

Land Of The Lost - tedious.

I've just (well recently anyway) seen Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel. Thought it was really enjoyable and laughed a lot. :)

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 23 2009, 9:26 PM BST

Angry "You should not have come back"

:D *hides as Nil turns blue and grows*

Land Of The Lost - tedious.

That's the one! I kind of suspected I might be in a minority with this, but I really liked it, especially when they got smashed on that fruit!

I've just (well recently anyway) seen Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel. Thought it was really enjoyable and laughed a lot. :)

That sounds awesome. Is it a comic sci-fi? Perfect mix imo. Also, is it a new un?

I've recently seen the first two (not the WIll Ferrell one)
I thought they were both great, and a bit different.

And frequently asked questions is next on my list.
Isn't Shirley Ghostman in that?
It's on Virgin movies anyway
And In The Loop is coming soon so I'm especially looking forward to that.

Quote: Moonstone @ September 23 2009, 9:33 PM BST

That sounds awesome. Is it a comic sci-fi? Perfect mix imo. Also, is it a new un?

http://www.faqmovie.co.uk/

Out of the three, I've only seen Watchmen. I found it to be totally underwhelming and lacking any kind of emotional attachment or soul.

Aside from Rorshach doing his thing in prison and the lovely Watch Ladies, I would have written this film off all together. It was pretty to look at though.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 23 2009, 9:37 PM BST

And frequently asked questions is next on my list.
Isn't Shirley Ghostman in that?

Yep. :)

And In The Loop is coming soon so I'm especially looking forward to that.

I enjoyed this also.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 23 2009, 9:37 PM BST

Out of the three, I've only seen Watchmen. I found it to be totally underwhelming and lacking any kind of emotional attachment or soul.

I thought the lack of emotional attachment was what made it work.
Although I'm not sure about the love scene..
I did recognize that the girl had been in that Ben Stiller movie the Heartbreak Kid eventually.
(I knew I'd seen her somewhere)

Quote: Moonstone @ September 23 2009, 9:33 PM BST

:D *hides as Nil turns blue and grows*

It has gone a bit blue. I think I'm holding it too tight.

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 23 2009, 9:37 PM BST

http://www.faqmovie.co.uk/

Now THAT, looks brilliant. And a brit-flick too. 'Got' to see that!

I've recently seen the first two (not the WIll Ferrell one)

There are two others?

Quote: Moonstone @ September 23 2009, 9:55 PM BST

Now THAT, looks brilliant. And a brit-flick too. 'Got' to see that!

There are two others?

No I mean...
Oh you know what I meant.
:D

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 23 2009, 9:45 PM BST

It has gone a bit blue. I think I'm holding it too tight.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 23 2009, 9:56 PM BST

Oh you know what I meant.
:D

:P :D

I do now, but I honestly didn't then!

I just saw 'The Informant' on Sunday. I was pretty disappointed. It's labeled as a comedy but its just barely a comedy. It's a rental for sure and even then I would understand why people would dislike it. I couldn't recommend the movie that's for sure.

District 9 was probably my favourite movie of the summer and one of my favourites this year.

Transformers 2 was pure garbage. You could rent it, watch the one good fight scene between Megatron and Optimus Prime, turn it off. The rest was shit!

I think the WORST movie I saw this year was Terminator Salvation. It was cringe worthy and just plain bizarre. You had this HORRIBLE script working against these amazing special affects. The stuff that came out of their mouths sounded like it was written by a 13 year old fanboy.

I liked the fact that one of the 'prawns' in District 9 wore a hat with a propeller on it.

Quote: Curt @ September 23 2009, 10:10 PM BST

Transformers 2 was pure garbage. You could rent it, watch the one good fight scene between Megatron and Optimus Prime, turn it off. The rest was shit!

I thought it was all right tbh. I was, though, really surprised at the amount of swearing and sexual suggestion in it. Thought it was meant mainly for kids?

Quote: Ben @ September 23 2009, 10:11 PM BST

I liked the fact that one of the 'prawns' in District 9 wore a hat with a propeller on it.

Laughing out loud

Yeah that's the bit in the review that made me want to see it!