I've just seen... Page 386

Damn I knew I was missing one,that's got a sort of holy trinity with Walken and Hanks.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 20th January 2014, 5:00 PM GMT

Loved Inception...

The ending ruined it for me. Gah it was annoying. But the film did have good bits.

There was a very good film in there somewhere, but too much shooty shooty bang bang and not enough thinky.

The one film I really rated last year was Cloud Atlas

Yeah, there was too much unnecessary shooting! It felt like the wrong mix of a Jason Statham movie meets smart sci-fi.

It was like that Tom Cruise film, it felt like it was trying to remake a clever 60s/70s scifi film but got stuck in the action and FX.

I also remember enjoying The Departed, though it's Jack Nicholson who sticks in the memory from that one.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 20th January 2014, 6:30 PM GMT

I also remember enjoying The Departed, though it's Jack Nicholson who sticks in the memory from that one.

For me, it's Mark Wahlberg who sticks in the memory. I think that's only because he doesn't die at the end. Need to rewatch that.

Quote: Ben @ 20th January 2014, 6:49 PM GMT

For me, it's Mark Wahlberg who sticks in the memory. I think that's only because he doesn't die at the end. Need to rewatch that.

Oh yes, he was actually pretty good. He's usually a bit blank.

Quote: Ben @ 20th January 2014, 6:49 PM GMT

Wasn't that Matt Damon?

Edit: Sorry, completely forgot about Wahlberg.

The World's End. I'm a bit disappointed to be honest.

I was a bit too, but then after a couple of days I really wanted to watch it again. It's never going to be on a par with Shaun, but I wonder if it's a grower.

I didn't find it anywhere near as funny as the first two. Shaun is definitely my favourite.

Definitely.

I think the main problem I had was that Simon's character was so unlikeable. I guess they were trying to make sure he was totally different from his characters in Shaun and Hot Fuzz. But he was just such a dick (and had a weird voice).

Yes, very unlikeable. To me it just felt like they were going through the motions a bit. Oh well.

Quote: zooo @ 26th January 2014, 11:50 PM GMT

I was a bit too, but then after a couple of days I really wanted to watch it again. It's never going to be on a par with Shaun, but I wonder if it's a grower.

I also felt let down by it, but watched the first half again recently, and found a bit more to enjoy, so maybe it grows just a bit. I'm not tempted to sit through the rest of it though.