The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 640

PSG are now 24 points ahead in the French league and yet they were only 14/1 before tonight's match to win the Champions League. Which shows how poor the French league is and what will happen with Man City next season.

Enjoy this season before Pep Guardiola and Co rip the heart out of English and Welsh football for ever more! :S

Quote: A Horseradish @ 16th February 2016, 11:38 PM GMT

PSG are now 24 points ahead in the French league and yet they were only 14/1 before tonight's match to win the Champions League. Which shows how poor the French league is and what will happen with Man City next season.

Enjoy this season before Pep Guardiola and Co rip the heart out of English and Welsh football for ever more! :S

We all know the French league is crap. They only beat Chelsea 2-1 and the blues have a good chance in the second leg.

I'm not quite sure what you mean about Manchester City though. There are loads of foreign owned clubs in the Premier League now.

Quote: Chappers @ 17th February 2016, 12:40 AM GMT

We all know the French league is crap. They only beat Chelsea 2-1 and the blues have a good chance in the second leg.

I'm not quite sure what you mean about Manchester City though. There are loads of foreign owned clubs in the Premier League now.

They have lorry loads of money and he has contacts. In fact, they have contacts already in place, namely half of what was Barcelona. The bloke is a fly-by-night who only dances into clubs once they have had lots of success and comes up with stupid statements, eg "I multi-task. I am a woman". I am always wary of these sorts of people. Glenn Hoddle seemed similar to me. They are mega-successful but only because they refuse to walk on anything other than carpet and avoid fighting wars in the trenches. Oh, and they screw up everything for fans.

Well that could have been worse.
(It could also have ben better)
Chelsea's manic defending reminded me of the time we won it.
Let's hope that's an omen.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 17th February 2016, 12:57 AM GMT

They have lorry loads of money and he has contacts. In fact, they have contacts already in place, namely half of what was Barcelona. The bloke is a fly-by-night who only dances into clubs once they have had lots of success and comes up with stupid statements, eg "I multi-task. I am a woman". I am always wary of these sorts of people. Glenn Hoddle seemed similar to me. They are mega-successful but only because they refuse to walk on anything other than carpet and avoid fighting wars in the trenches. Oh, and they screw up everything for fans.

Remember what happened to their neighbours? :)

They supposedly can attract anyone they want as they are the Best Club in the world, ever, ever and everyone wants to play for them!!!

(Except Alan Shearer, Matt Le Tissier etc.....)

F**king good on 'em!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35597930

Quote: Chappers @ 17th February 2016, 5:34 PM GMT

Remember what happened to their neighbours? :)

They supposedly can attract anyone they want as they are the Best Club in the world, ever, ever and everyone wants to play for them!!!

(Except Alan Shearer, Matt Le Tissier etc.....)

F**king good on 'em!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35597930

Who? Rooney's out for six weeks and Lord Pomp still has his slippers very firmly under the table. John Terry has all the winning cards because he is only going to reveal what really happened when and if the special one ever heads north. Neville who reminds me of Noel Gallagher albeit he is of a different colour has had his predictable come uppance in the sun. Giggsy and all of the others at Salford City have the proven capability of Minnie Mouse.

Oh dear! Manure lost again - to a team in their close season. Still at least they got an away goal!!!

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Basel lost with 2 away goals.

WTF?

Facebook news!

FA Cup: Draw Determines Matchups for Football Association Tournament's Quarterfinal Round

As a lover of the beautiful game and an admirer of the silky skills displayed by such a fantastic team as Barcelona there is one thing I don't understand. Why doesn't someone break f**king Messi's leg - or at least Suarez's. Nobody would complain about that.

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd February 2016, 10:08 PM GMT

As a lover of the beautiful game and an admirer of the silky skills displayed by such a fantastic team as Barcelona there is one thing I don't understand. Why doesn't someone break f**king Messi's leg - or at least Suarez's. Nobody would complain about that.

If we get to meet them it could be John Terry's parting gift...

Just watching the documentary "I believe in Miracles" about Notts Forest on BT sport

Very entertaining, well worth a watch

Go Basel go! 1-0!

Well I'm having a fun evening. Manure go one behind then miss a penalty. I know they scored in the meantime but hopefully it won't be enough.

I laughed out loud twice - once when the Dames scored and once when Mata missed the penalty.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 25th February 2016, 8:22 PM GMT

Go Basel go! 1-0!

89' 1-1

91' 2-1

Phew!