The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 643

Quote: Chappers @ 12th April 2016, 11:08 PM BST

I occasionally look at the Scottish league tables to see how things are going.

I know how it works - ie they split the league after so many games and then basically have 2 leagues in each one.

The thing I don't know is how many games they are supposed to play.

Neither do I but we could find out, set up a Scottish fantasy football competition and become millionaires.

Well that was quite a game!

Well done Liverpool.

I forgot what joke I was going to do

EDIT
I remember it now:

It was a cracking game for the Neutral
*Pause for effect
Where is Gordon by the way?
*Leave to applause

Teary I hope it doesn't wear them out for the important games ahead - winning me the title. I've gone and stuffed my team full of Scouse gits, don't want them getting sidetracked on silly European cup games. Angry Blimmin' Krauts, can't rely on them like we used to.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 14th April 2016, 11:31 PM BST

Teary I hope it doesn't wear them out for the important games ahead - winning me the title. I've gone and stuffed my team full of Scouse gits, don't want them getting sidetracked on silly European cup games. Angry Blimmin' Krauts, can't rely on them like we used to.

I'm not exaggerating when I say the highlight of the Arsenal-Palace game has been the ref falling over.

Quote: shaggy292 @ 17th April 2016, 4:40 PM BST

I'm not exaggerating when I say the highlight of the Arsenal-Palace game has been the ref falling over.

How many minutes in roughly? I'll rewind my TiVo if it's a classic moment?

2nd half's just started, and Arsenal did score just before the break, to be fair. The ref fall came probably 20-30 mins in, but even that wasn't a classic - just got in a player's way.

Hasta la vista, Villa. :(

Quote: shaggy292 @ 17th April 2016, 5:05 PM BST

2nd half's just started, and Arsenal did score just before the break, to be fair. The ref fall came probably 20-30 mins in, but even that wasn't a classic - just got in a player's way.

Monreal needs to work on his handstands.

I see the pantomime villain has arrived.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3543877/Norwich-hand-trial-Horley-Town-hotshot-Ashley-Nadesan-impresses-Millwall.html

Loveable Scousers. But you can't criticise them because of Hillsborough.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36077758

Sublime finish from Martial today. That boy's the future.

No doubt Real Madrid and Barcelona will come knocking at his door in the next couple of years.

Oh and De Gea's save was also fantastic.

Quote: Ben @ 23rd April 2016, 8:11 PM BST

Sublime finish from Martial today. That boy's the future.

No doubt Real Madrid and Barcelona will come knocking at his door in the next couple of years.

Oh and De Gea's save was also fantastic.

Yawn!

I didn't know the result but I came back from London this evening in a train full of crystal Palace supporters.

It was like a morgue - no singing, nobody smiling so I naturally assumed they'd lost the FA Cup semi-final.

Anyway let's hope they get revenge for 1990 when that jammy bastard ferguson's team won saving him from the sack.

Athletico Bayern match miles better than yesterday's City Real stalemate. Stunning goal from Athletico's Saul Niguez who went on a jinking run à la Maradona.

Why do people assume a 0-0 is not interesting?