The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 638

As a(n armchair) Chelsea supporter I was quite pleased that Leicester won on Monday as I always want the underdogs to do well. I just hope that they can keep it up. Also it was a shame that it was the straw that broke Mourinho's back. All I hope and pray is that he doesn't go to Manure and help to turn them round.

Brilliant quote from Denis Law when asked if his Manchester United team would beat today's team.

"Yes, 1-0 I think."

"Why so close?"

"Well most of us are in our seventies now."

What a load of Balls - so failed politician Ed is now Chair at Nartch. At least it will keep him off the streets and television, thank God.

RIP Pavel Srnicek.

That's two young goalkeepers died recently - we need some American twat to come up with a conspiracy.

That's two 0-0 draws I've watched in two days and I've enjoyed both of them. Who says you need goals to make a good game?

The bellend Massimo Cellino phoned Leeds utd from his holiday home yesterday to tell them to not let sky in to broadcast the match.
So they locked the doors and told sky to bugger off.

He says he's fed up of sky dictating when they play their matches. But, accepts the cheque from them.

A phone call to the FA from sky and a threat of a huge fine quickly opened the doors again.

This is the same man that massively increased the admission price to one stand calling it a 'meal deal'

The meal deal was a pie and pint.

Clearly a bit of hypocrisy going on there, but I don't like the way the creep Murdoch dictates what happens when, although of course he is entitled to with the amount of filthy lucre he pays out for the privilege.

I know it is not going to change and that is the way it is going to go, but find it a shame sport has been hijacked by the likes of **Sky et al and think the government could do more to make sure that major events are not exclusive to these grubby money grabbing creeps.

Long Live the Beeb!

** Limited service then of course; but I remember when Sky was free, and I wouldn't subscribe to it in anyway now. I take great pleasure in informing cold callers that I wouldn't have Sky even if they were to give it to me.

I still miss the days when all games finished at 4.40 on a Saturday afternoon.

Could Sean Dyche be the next manager of Manchester United?

Quote: A Horseradish @ 26th January 2016, 2:29 PM GMT

Could Sean Dyche be the next manager of Manchester United?

Why do they need one? LVG is doing as good a job as anyone can. Has he been sacked? The trouble is they don't realise how ferguson motivated a second rate team (and bullied referees and the FA).

Quote: Chappers @ 26th January 2016, 6:16 PM GMT

Why do they need one? LVG is doing as good a job as anyone can. Has he been sacked? The trouble is they don't realise how ferguson motivated a second rate team (and bullied referees and the FA).

LVG would be a brilliant pantomime dame.

I've just discovered that there is a 35 year old at Atletico Bilbao who has scored more this year than Messi and Neymar, not that you would know it from the British media. They should do proper research as I do.

Also, Klopp's middle name is Norbert.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ 26th January 2016, 11:56 PM GMT

Interestingly and amusingly, or not, as the case may be, the diminutive form of 'Jurgen' in German is 'Jojo' (pronounced 'Yo-yo').

So.. 'Jojo' by name, 'Yo-yo' by nature? Only time will tell.

I accept it although it is hard to see how Jurgen could be Jojo when it isn't Jurjur or Gengen.

He predates the Beatles' Get Back by a couple of years too.

Is there any truth at all in the rumour that Bernard Tapie is to buy up Manchester United on Tuesday and install Paulo de Canio as manager? As that is what my mate Leaky Giggs has told me is going to happen.

They should put this guy on Football Focus - would liven it up, no end.

The True Geordie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npCyd7RcXMA

NSFW!