The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 633

Quote: Ben @ 13th July 2015, 10:29 PM BST

Oh I didn't realise he'd gone there. It definitely seems a strange combination, but so did Leicester and Cambiasso.

Talking of which...

Esteban Cambiasso was Leicester's player of the season last year but has not committed to returning to the Midlands for the 2015-16 campaign. The Argentinian knows Ranieri having been a regular under him during his six-month stint in charge of Inter and the new boss will win admirers within the Foxes faithful if he can persuade the 34-year-old to sign on for another stint.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-claudio-ranieri-seven-things-180208646--sow.html

Quote: George Kaplan @ 13th July 2015, 8:26 PM BST

Ranieri at Leicester is intriguing. Neil Lennon would have been safer, more in the Mark Hughes mould.

I like Claudio, but not sure he's the right man at this point for a survival battle. Could see him at Everton, or Spurs, or possibly Swansea, or Southampton. He'll need to start well, or he'll be an early casualty.

Fair play for keeping the Foxes up last season but Nigel Pearson has to be the weirdest manager in football, complete loon.

Quote: Will Cam @ 14th July 2015, 8:43 AM BST

Fair play for keeping the Foxes up last season but Nigel Pearson has to be the weirdest manager in football, complete loon.

I agree totally. But when he speaks he is so well-spoken he's obviously had a good upbringing or education. Just weird the way he wants to pick a fight everywhere.

Sutton had a pre-season friendly against a young Palace team last night.

One of Sutton's players went down injured on the halfway line so the ref blew to stop the game. He decided to restart by giving a drop ball for Sutton to play back to their goalkeeper. So he lobbed it back and it went over the goalie's head and into the net.

The referee decided to disallow the goal and gave it to the goalie as a free-kick. I'm not sure how although being a pre-season friendly it didn't really matter.

If he was going to disallow it he should really have retaken the drop ball.

Did you know that or look it up?

If the ball enters the goal:
• if a dropped ball is kicked directly into the opponents' goal, a goal kick is awarded

I used to be a referee too.

I was quite pleased when Fabian Delph decided to stay at Villa. Then of course he made a double U-turn and finally signed for Manchester City.

I think the player is stupid and his ego has got in the way. I don't think he'll get many games at all there. He's basically been signed to fulfill their home grown quota. He's just got into the England squad too. Another England international who won't be playing regularly.

Quote: Chappers @ 19th July 2015, 10:36 PM BST

I was quite pleased when Fabian Delph decided to stay at Villa. Then of course he made a double U-turn and finally signed for Manchester City.

I think the player is stupid and his ego has got in the way. I don't think he'll get many games at all there. He's basically been signed to fulfill their home grown quota. He's just got into the England squad too. Another England international who won't be playing regularly.

This. Plus he has made himself look a right tit.

Yeah, Delph appeared to be making a stance about loyalty and actually playing.

Then he went "Ah, bollocks! Just give us some cash!".

And the turncoat was injured 18 minutes into his first appearance. Hahahah!

Chelsea's first trophy of the season - well the girls anyway. Great game my namesake and also Eni Aluko.

I see West Ham blew it tonight.

I really don't understand. This was a great opportunity. The fans would've loved it.

They put out a really weak team so they obviously thought it was a waste of time.

Quote: Chappers @ 6th August 2015, 10:36 PM BST

I see West Ham blew it tonight.

I really don't understand. This was a great opportunity. The fans would've loved it.

They put out a really weak team so they obviously thought it was a waste of time.

They don't want the commitment. They figure they're not going to win it so why bother. I miss big Sam already. I hate his style of football with a passion but I quite liked his generally aggressive stance at the end of every defeat. Big big mistake getting rid of Pearson. Complete header but right man for Leicester.

I was watching BT football the other day. There was a bloke presenting it called Paul Denton.

What the f**k is that on his head? It looks like something from the 1970s!

Beaten by Charlton, great way to start the new season :(

So Channel 5 has nicked The Football League Show with their Football League Tonight and from what I saw of it, all I can say is what a f**king shame as it looked a load of bollocks.