Being Human Page 31

To be fair, we have the devil in this one. It's hard to know where they could go from him.

For f**ks sake. How long did they leave 2 Pints of Lager on BBC3? They repeat the same shite over and over on that channel and yet they cancel their most successful show immediately after a complete shake-up of the cast. The people who decide this at the BBC are idiots. They cancelled intelligent shows like Zen and Fades after 1 series and yet we have endless assault course bollocks and talent show tedium. The pursuit of novelty is really damaging the BBC - they don't have to chase ratings at the expense of quality, they don't have to imitate and compete with the commercial channels. UGH.

But I can't help but feeling, enjoyable though it is, Being Human has run its course.

Although I agree, BBC3 seems to be a channel in trouble. It seems a long time since they brought us anything exciting and innovative. In fact, that pretty much applies to the whole of the BBC at the moment.

Zai Bennett is very much going to go to hell. :(

I think the last series was crap but it is alright if it's an adjustment to a new cast. Now we've got new characters they can do something new. But why try when you can put on a hastily written sketch sitcom about stereotypical young people or a documentary called 'My curly hair and me', in which a minor celebrity tries to accept her ringlets.

I was going to film my smelly feet and me, but the star tragically had a shower before filming started.

Quote: Harridan @ February 7 2013, 10:50 AM GMT

For f**ks sake. How long did they leave 2 Pints of Lager on BBC3? They repeat the same shite over and over on that channel and yet they cancel their most successful show immediately after a complete shake-up of the cast. The people who decide this at the BBC are idiots. They cancelled intelligent shows like Zen and Fades after 1 series and yet we have endless assault course bollocks and talent show tedium. The pursuit of novelty is really damaging the BBC - they don't have to chase ratings at the expense of quality, they don't have to imitate and compete with the commercial channels. UGH.

Agreed.

Quote: Harridan @ February 7 2013, 10:50 AM GMT

Couldn't agree more. Or look at Dr Who a show that would genuinely benefit from a break and a chance to regroup. But its been banged out every year and the succesful stuff is lowest common denominator crowd pleasing stuff. It must absolutely delight Sky to see quite how much they call the tune.

I just watched the first episode again, and Alex has definitely grown on me. I like the fact she's a sort of cheeky ghost who uses her powers properly.

I worry that she'll become a shrill harpy the way all Welsh woman on TV seem to. See Torchwood and Utopia.

Is she Welsh??

I don't know. I thought she had a lilt.

She definitely has an accent, but I've no idea what it is.

She's Scottish.

This kid's a good actor.