Being Human Page 33

Quote: Raymond Terrific @ February 11 2013, 12:09 AM GMT

I think Harridan was right, she was just a bit over exaggerated. What I liked about the earlier series was that even though it was centered around a ghost, vampire and werewolf, the rest of it was quite ruthlessly realistic. That element seems to have got lost a bit recently.

Exactly my feeling. It is called 'Being Human', after all.

Having whinged about them cancelling it, I now realise it's not great anymore and I probably won't miss it all that much.

Apparently it was supposed to originally be about an addict, someone with OCD and someone with some other mental illness, which makes the title make more sense. But it was quite interesting how in the earlier series they were basically trying to carry on being normal, even though they really couldn't be.

It's one of those things that has significantly dropped in quality, but it's still pretty good, and I have fond memories of it so I sort of don't want it to go. But yeah, I probably won't miss it a huge amount either.

I always thought it was a metaphor for drug addiction, suppressed rage and social anxiety. ie. sickly, weathered Mitchell fighting the urge to drink blood; gentle, sweet George fighting the uncontrollable destructiveness; meek, shy Annie learning how to be seen and leave the house.

You've both thought about this way more than me. Laughing out loud I'm just a sucker for monsters.

It wasn't that Hal's a vampire, it's that he's fit as f**k.

Those werewolf bastards better not hurt Julian Barratt. Angry

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/000001039/cuckoo_series_2_bbc_three_sitcom/

But no more Being Human. Right.

Quote: zooo @ February 11 2013, 1:54 AM GMT

It wasn't that Hal's a vampire, it's that he's fit as f**k.

So dissapointed, I'll be back home by time this airs. Might have do some investigationing

Quote: zooo @ February 11 2013, 1:54 AM GMT

Laughing out loud
You cheeky bugger.

Julian Barratt's very good. He should be far bigger than he is.

Looks like he's got a bit bigger to me already.

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 17 2013, 10:25 PM GMT

Looks like he's got a bit bigger to me already.

>_< He has paunched up a bit.

A pretty decent episode. Still not wholly convinced by Hal's dark side, but it supplied a strong ending. More like that and they may not have been axed.

It's quite spectacular how badly this show has jumped the shark in the last couple of series, isn't it. Barely watchable now. Pity.

I'm finding it very watchable.

And I doubt it was axed for any sensible reason, like the perceived quality of the show. More some suit's whim. Like usual.