- 8th February: Comedy.co.uk Awards 2020 winners
- Sketch Show
- 2009 - 2021
- CBBC, BBC One
- 121 (9 series), plus 8 highlights programmes
- Terry Deary
- Jim Howick, Simon Farnaby, Ben Willbond, Mathew Baynton, Martha Howe-Douglas, Laurence Rickard, Sarah Hadland, Tom Stourton and others
- George Sawyer, Mathew Baynton, Colin Swash, Howard Read, Benjamin Partridge, Daniel Peak, Justin Edwards, Steve Punt and others
- Simon Gibney, Ian Curtis, Steve Connelly, Dominic Brigstocke, Chloe Thomas and Matt Holt
- David Staite, Jack Cheshire, Simon Wilson, Tom Miller, Caroline Norris, Giles Pilbrow, Imogen Cooper, Dominic Brigstocke, Lisa Mitchell and Matt Lamont
Starting out in the Savage Stone Age, Horrible Histories progresses through the Awful Egyptians, Rotten Romans, Vicious Vikings, Measly Middle Ages, Terrible Tudors, Gorgeous Georgians and Vile Victorians, right up to the Woeful Second World War.
Liberally splattered with guts, blood and poo, Horrible Histories romps through the ages in a collection of sketches, cartoons and quizzes.
Each episode features a mixture of sketches from different ages, played by the ensemble cast, and commentary from the show's host Rattus Rattus - the talking rat.
The show also includes pastiches of some familiar TV formats such as Historical Wife Swap, Historical Hospital and Ready Steady Feast; and various spoof songs, for example a musical journey through 18th Century British history in the style of a Westlife ballad, sung by four King Georges.
- First broadcast
- Thursday 16th April 2009 on BBC One at 4:35pm
- Last new broadcast
- Friday 7th May 2021 on CBBC at 5pm
- Upcoming repeats
- Series 6 Episode 8: Saturday at 12:25pm on CBBC
- Series 6 Episode 5: Saturday at 12:55pm on CBBC
- Series 6 Episode 4: Saturday at 4:50pm on CBBC
- Series 6 Episode 11: Saturday at 5:20pm on CBBC
- Series 7 Episode 1: Sunday at 12:55pm on CBBC
- Series 7 Episode 13: Sunday at 6:25pm on CBBC
- Series 7 Episode 15: Sunday at 6:55pm on CBBC
- Series 6 Episode 13: Friday 21st May at 9:05am on CBBC