- 24th November: Comedies up for Broadcast Awards 2017
- Sketch Show
- 2009 - 2016
- CBBC, BBC One
- 88 (6 series)
- Terry Deary
- Jim Howick, Simon Farnaby, Ben Willbond, Mathew Baynton, Martha Howe-Douglas, Laurence Rickard, John Eccleston, Katherine Jakeways and others
- George Sawyer, Mathew Baynton, Colin Swash, Howard Read, Benjamin Partridge, Daniel Peak, Daniel Maier, Justin Edwards and others
- Simon Gibney, Ian Curtis, Steve Connelly, Dominic Brigstocke and Chloe Thomas
- Tom Miller, Caroline Norris, Giles Pilbrow, Imogen Cooper and Dominic Brigstocke
Childrens' BBC comedy series based on the best-selling books written by Terry Deary and illustrated by Martin Brown.
Starting out in the Savage Stone Age, Horrible Histories progresses through the Awful Egyptians, Rotten Romans, Vicious Vikings, Measly Middle Ages, Terrible Tudors, Gorgeous Georgians and Vile Victorians, right up to the Woeful Second World War.
Liberally splattered with guts, blood and poo, Horrible Histories romps through the ages in a collection of sketches, cartoons and quizzes.
Each episode features a mixture of sketches from different ages, played by the ensemble cast, and commentary from the show's host Rattus Rattus - the talking rat.
The show also includes pastiches of some familiar TV formats such as Historical Wife Swap, Historical Hospital and Ready Steady Feast; and various spoof songs, for example a musical journey through 18th Century British history in the style of a Westlife ballad, sung by four King Georges.
Use the menu bar above to access more pages, including...