Series 18, Episode 6
Holly Walsh - Delia Smith
- Delia made a cake for the Rolling Stones that was used on the cover of their Let It Bleed album. Found by Elis.
- Once in an interview Delia claimed that her favourite meal was a Big Mac. She said: "What's a real treat for me is when I go to evening games at Norwich City with my husband. We have Big Macs and picnics in the car park. I absolutely love them with fries and loads of ketchup." Found by Frankie.
- Delia was neighbours with John and Norma Major. Successfully smuggled.
- One of Delia's cats was crushed by a portaloo. In 1999, filming the second series of Delia's How to Cook, a portaloo she had ordered so the TV crew wouldn't use her own loo crushed one of Delia's cats when it was lowered into position. Successfully smuggled.
- Delia, who became a Catholic when she was 22, sleeps with a 4 foot high crucifix above her bed. Successfully smuggled.
Mark Steel - Robots
- In March 2016, Microsoft created a chat bot that blame 9/11 on George W. Bush and that Hitler did nothing wrong. The bot was design to talk like a teenage girl, but hackers hijacked the bot and it was taken down after one day. Found by Frankie.
- In 2005, plans were scrapped to build a 50 foot tall robotic Michael Jackson that would march across the Nevada desert. The plan was scrapped by Jackson failed to find funding because it was around the time of his trial for child molestation. Found by Holly.
- In 2004, a robot conducted the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra at a recital of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony. Found by Elis.
- There is a robot that is able to identify different types of cheese. Found by Holly.
- The New York University School of Engineering made a robotic fish, which they placed in a tank of real fish. After simulating the tail movements of a leader fish, the real fish made the robot their leader. Successfully smuggled.
Elis James - Rain
- Vanilla Ice has a child called "Dusti Rain". Found by Holly.
- If Scotland left the UK, the UK's annual rainfall would drop by eight inches. Found by Frankie.
- New York City police cars were all originally convertibles that had to be driven with the roof down, unless a superior officer gave them special permission to raise it. Even if it rained or snowed, the roof might still have to remain down. Successfully smuggled.
- The Burmese sneezing monkey sneezes uncontrollably when it rains. Successfully smuggled.
- Cherrapunji, India, has the world record for rainfall with over eight feet of rain falling in 48 hours, between 15th-16th June 1955. Successfully smuggled.
Frankie Boyle - Facebook
- Facebook makes you overestimate how happy your friends are. Found by Mark.
- Facebook has resulted in more divorces and break-ups than marriages. Found by Mark.
- There are about 45 million dead people on Facebook. Found by Elis.
- Each new Facebook user adds $168 to the value of the company. Found by Holly.
- In May 2010, Mark Zuckerberg surprised his private Facebook friends page when he posted: "I just killed a pig and a goat." In 2011 he set himself a challenge to only eat meat that he had personally killed, in an attempt to eat healthier. Successfully smuggled.
- Monday 8th May 2017
- BBC Radio 4
Cast & crew
|David Mitchell||Host / Presenter|