Series 6, Episode 1
Chris Addison - Henry Ford
- Ford once served a 16 course meal where everything was made out of Soya beans. Found by Rufus.
- Ford hated cows. Found by Armando.
- Ford kept a picture of Adolf Hitler on his desk. He was a contributor to the Nazi party. Found by Rufus.
- Ford kept Thomas Edison's last breath in a test tube. Successfully smuggled.
- Adolf Hitler kept a photo of Ford on his desk. Ford is the only American referred to in Mein Kampf. Successfully smuggled.
Susan Calman - Biscuits
- William Gladstone was nearly blinded by a biscuit that came flying through his carriage. Found by Rufus.
- According to the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, about 400 people a year are injured by biscuits. Found by Chris.
- "Bum" is a brand of Turkish biscuit. Found by Chris.
- McVitie's have developed a "Crunch test dummy" which tests the amount of crumbs a biscuit produces. Successfully smuggled.
- "Nora Knackers" are a type of Norwegian biscuit. Successfully smuggled.
Rufus Hound - Rain
- Coating windscreens in potato juice repels water that falls on them. Found by Armando.
- Rain contains vitamin B12. Found by Chris.
- A Californian weather forecaster was sacked for refusing to make his weather forecasts more cheerful. For example, he refused to change is prediction of "A chance of rain" to "A probability of sunshine", and "Partly cloudy" to "Largely sunny". Found by Chris.
- The world's largest building is so large that it rains inside. Clouds form in the Boeing Everett factory in Washington State during sudden temperature changes. Found by Chris.
- To "driffle" means "to rain fitfully or in sparse drops". Successfully smuggled.
Armando Iannucci - Squirrels
- Grey squirrels cannot see the colour red. Found by Chris.
- Beatrix Potter shot a squirrel which she used as a model for Squirrel Nutkin. Found by Susan.
- A squirrel brought the NASDAQ stock exchange to a stand-still after it chewed through a telephone line in 1987. Found by Chris.
- A squirrel's sweat glands are in their feet. Found by Rufus.
- Somerset Council recommended putting curry powder over recently dug graves to deter squirrels. Found by Susan.
- Rufus Hound: 5 points
- Chris Addison: 4 points
- Susan Calman: 1 point
- Armando Iannucci: -3 points
- Monday 27th September 2010
- BBC Radio 4
- 30 minutes
Cast & crew
|David Mitchell||Host / Presenter|