Series 5, Episode 1
Marcus Brigstocke - Childbirth
- There have been cases of babies being born out of the rectum rather than the womb. Found by Lucy.
- The heaviest recorded newborn baby weighed 22lb 8oz. Found by Lucy.
- You can comfort a child by getting a large rhesus monkey to whoop at it. Successfully smuggled.
- Most babies cry in the key of A. Successfully smuggled.
- In Hungary there is a musical condom that plays the communist song "Arise ye worker". Successfully smuggled.
Henning Wehn - Beer
- St. Brigid of Kildare could turn her used bathwater into beer. Found by Graeme.
- Henry VIII ordered that any servant who impregnated a maid had to go without beer for a month. Found by Lucy.
- There is a type of flea which only exists in German beer mats. Found by Graeme.
- In 1814 the London beer flood destroyed two houses and killed nine people. Successfully smuggled.
- Carlsberg Special Brew was created for Winston Churchill. Successfully smuggled.
Lucy Porter - Sleep
- The human is the only creature on Earth that can sleep on its back. Found by Marcus.
- Dolphins sleep with half of their bodies at a time, so that part of them is always awake and can keep an eye out for danger and need to come up for air. Found by Henning.
- Earwigs are so called because people feared that they burrowed into your brain via your ear while you slept. Found by Graeme.
- In 1900, a normal night's sleep was nine hours long. Successfully smuggled.
- W. C. Fields was a terrible insomniac and sometimes he could only get to sleep under a beach umbrella while being sprinkled with a garden hose. Successfully smuggled.
Graeme Garden - Sir Isaac Newton
- Newton dropped out of school early because his mother wanted him to be a farmer. Found by Marcus.
- Newton once saw an apple falling from a tree and he wondered about the force acting upon it. The apple did not hit him on the head. Found by Henning.
- It is claimed that Newton added the colour indigo to the rainbow because he believed that seven was a magic number. Found by Marcus.
- Newton invented the cat-flap. Successfully smuggled.
- The only speech Newton made during his career as an MP was to ask someone to close a window. Successfully smuggled.
- Lucy Porter: 4 points
- Henning Wehn: 2 points
- Graeme Garden: 1 point
- Marcus Brigstocke: 0 points
- Monday 29th March 2010
- BBC Radio 4
- 30 minutes
Cast & crew
|David Mitchell||Host / Presenter|