Series 5, Episode 5
Tony Hawks - Ostriches
- Ostriches can run at over 40mph. Found by Arthur.
- Ostriches in Namibia eat diamonds. Found by Arthur.
- Male ostriches can roar like a lion. Successfully smuggled.
- Pliny the Elder believed ostriches could hatch their eggs by looking at them aggressively. Successfully smuggled.
- Ostriches all yawn together in groups before going to sleep. Successfully smuggled.
Arthur Smith - Toast
- In 2001, British design student Robin Southgate designed a toaster which burned into the bread a depiction of what the weather was going to be like on the way to work. Found by Phill.
- In Mrs. Beaton's Book of Household Management there is a recipe for a toast sandwich, which consists of a piece of toast between two slices of bread. Found by Tony.
- The Museum of Burned Food in Arlington, Massachusetts exhibits 50,000 samples of burned food, including 2,000 in the Hall of Burned Toast. Successfully smuggled.
- A bolt of lightning has enough energy to cook 160,000 pieces of toast in one ten thousandth of a second. Successfully smuggled.
- A Berkshire man once sold a piece of toast on eBay which he claimed bore the face of Joe Pasquale. It sold for £500. Successfully smuggled.
Catherine Tate - Red
- Dogs are red/green colour blind. Found by Phill.
- Redheads have less hair than people with hair of different colours. Found by Tony.
- 62% of the top 100 richest men in the world are married to brunettes, 22% to blondes, 16% to raven-haired women, but none at all to redheads. Successfully smuggled.
- Research ha shown that redheads need 20% more anaesthetic to be put under during an operation. Successfully smuggled.
- Scientists in South Korea have manipulated the genes of a cat to make it glow red under ultraviolet light. Successfully smuggled.
Phill Jupitus - Spectacles
- American Jackson Andrews patented spectacles for chickens. Found by Tony.
- A Spanish bank robber in 1999 once took his glasses off as a disguise. During his getaway he tripped over the furniture and was caught by the police. Found by Arthur.
- In ancient China, judges wore dark glasses to hide their reactions from people in the courtroom. Successfully smuggled.
- Leonardo da Vinci invented contact lenses. Successfully smuggled.
- The spectacled flower pecker is a recently discovered bird, completely unique to science, found in the heart of the Borneo rainforest. Successfully smuggled.
- Catherine Tate: 4 points
- Phill Jupitus: 3 points
- Tony Hawks and Arthur Smith: 0 points
- Monday 26th April 2010
- BBC Radio 4
- 30 minutes
Cast & crew
|David Mitchell||Host / Presenter|