Series 4, Episode 1
Rhod Gilbert - Golf
- Before 1848 golf balls were made with leather and stuffed with feathers. Found by Reginald.
- 12% of all lightning fatalities in the USA happen on golf courses. Found by Reginald.
- Edward VII had a golf bag that was made from an elephant's penis. Successfully smuggled.
- Tiger Woods's first televised game was at the age of 2. Successfully smuggled.
- Rudyard Kipling invented the game of "snow golf", where he had the balls painted red so that they would be shown in the snow. Successfully smuggled.
Reginald D. Hunter - Cats
- The lecture is Reginald D. Hunter's on the subject of cats. Found by Adam. Accidentally included by Reginald when he read out the title of his lecture.
- Cats have played an important part in warfare. Found by Rhod. Accidentally included by Reginald.
- The poet Shelley once tied a local tomcat to a kite and flew it in a thunder storm to investigate the power of electricity on a living body. Found by Adam.
- In Ventura County, California cats and dogs are not allowed to have sex without a permit. Successfully smuggled.
- The Persians once threw dozens of cats over the walls on an Egyptian fort because they worshipped them. The Egyptians soon surrendered. Successfully smuggled.
- In Liverpool on March 1828, 18,000 mummified cats where imported from Egypt were auctioned off as fertiliser. Successfully smuggled.
- Cats cannot taste sweets. Successfully smuggled.
Shappi Khorsandi - Tea
- Tibetans put salt in their tea. Found by Rhod.
- "Cold tea syndrome" is medical slang for when a geriatric has died. The name comes from all the cold cups of tea on the deceased's bedside table. Found by Rhod.
- In 2001 a Zambian man was granted divorce after he found a frog in a cup of tea his wife had made him. Found by Adam.
- Every year in Britain almost 40 people are admitted to hospital for injuries involving tea cosies. Successfully smuggled.
Adam Hills - Adolf Hitler
- The Führerbunker is now a car park. Found by Rhod.
- Damon Hill was once in a punk band called "Sex, Hitler and the Hormones". Found by Shappi.
- Hitler stipulated that in a film, if a woman broke up a marriage she must die at the end of the film. Successfully smuggled.
- When Hitler was in power it was illegal for any domesticated animal to be called "Adolf". Successfully smuggled.
- Both Hitler and General Franco had only one ball. Successfully smuggled.
- Reginald D. Hunter and Rhod Gilbert: 0 points
- Shappi Khorsandi: -1 point
- Adam Hills: -2 points
- Monday 5th October 2009
- BBC Radio 4
- 30 minutes
Cast & crew
|David Mitchell||Host / Presenter|
|Reginald D Hunter||Guest|