- 12th April: Lee Mack joins The Museum Of Curiosity
- Panel Show
- 2007 - 2018
- BBC Radio 4
- 73 (1 pilot + 12 series), plus 1 unbroadcast pilot
- John Lloyd, Richard Turner and Dan Schreiber
- John Lloyd, Bill Bailey, Sean Lock, Jon Richardson, Dave Gorman, Jimmy Carr, Humphrey Ker, Phill Jupitus and others
- Richard Turner, Dan Schreiber, James Harkin and Anne Miller
The Museum of Curiosity is a vast (albeit fictitious) building with a mission statement of housing everything in the universe that is in some way curious (including, as it happens, the entire universe itself).
Each week, a panel made up of entertainers and academic experts put forward their curiosities to the head of the museum John Lloyd, the Professor of Ignorance at the University of Buckingham (later Southampton-Solent) and his curators. In the first series the curator was Bill Bailey, followed by Sean Lock in the second, Jon Richardson in the third, Dave Gorman in the fourth, and Jimmy Carr in the fifth. Humphrey Ker was the 6th curator, Phill Jupitus was the seventh, Sarah Millican starred in the eighth series, Noel Fielding in the ninth, Jo Brand for the tenth, and Romesh Ranganathan for the eleventh.
The only rule for donation is that the exhibit has to be in some way curious. It doesn't matter if something is gigantic, microscopic, hughly expensive, or even if it doesn't exist.
Current exhibits in the Museum include the Big Bang when it was the size of a grapefruit, the urge to press red buttons that should not be pressed, and a wildlife reserve containing 10,000 tigers (even if there are only 3,000 in the wild).