Status report Page 6,119

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st February 2022, 4:01 PM

Unlikely to be any cartoons, adverts or postcards tomorrow (Tuesday) as Bloody Virgin are yet again (3rd time in two months) going to "improve" the service and will need to shut us all down. Bastards, and I getting thoroughly fed up of the whole debacle. Why didn't they get it right the first or second time.

Because they're Virgin.

Top tip: Plusnet broadband + Sky.

Quote: Aaron @ 21st February 2022, 4:38 PM

Because they're Virgin.

Top tip: Plusnet broadband + Sky.

Thanks for the tip, but I couldn't stand the upheaval

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st February 2022, 4:01 PM

Unlikely to be any cartoons, adverts or postcards tomorrow (Tuesday) as Bloody Virgin are yet again (3rd time in two months) going to "improve" the service and will need to shut us all down. Bastards, and I getting thoroughly fed up of the whole debacle. Why didn't they get it right the first or second time.

Well, here we are at 9:21 and I've still got the internet! ?

Caught the Covid last week for the first time
Wasn't too bad, just achey with Flu symptoms
Happily my test today was negative and am feeling much better

Just landed in Fort Lauderdale. It was cold when I left Texas, but I need to change my clothes and put on some shorts.

Saw a sign in the toilet stall that said, "Enjoy your Pooh-tin."

And I can announce today that I have cut off all of my personal connections with Russia. This follows a detailed household assessment. It transpired that there were no connections other than my clothes, all of which incredibly happen to have been made in that country. So now I am having to try to survive while living completely in the nude.

Today I went to see my mother in her care home. They said she had probably gone out as her trolley frame with wheels wasn't there. She is normally gone for a good hour so as to terrify with her ranting lots of random strangers.

Her home is on the edge of a council estate but behind it are the downs so I skipped along a path to look at the views and any animals. I thought I saw some of the docile cows in the distance but couldn't get there as I had to lean on a hedge and burst into tears.

Suddenly a woman of 63 in gumboots appeared from the woods where people secretly enjoy relations. She says "I sincerely hope your dog is not off the leash". I says to her "I don't have a dog. I'm waiting for my mother to be returned to her home by the police and looking at them nice cows in the distance".

She says back to me "those aren't cows ; they are sheep and I am an official sheep counter". Jane I think she said she was called. "How many are there?" I asked her. "38" she replied.

I did go over to look at them and could only see 37. Ever since I have been worried that Janet will go there tomorrow and think that I put one on my back and brought it home from the downs with me. Or was it goats and not sheep which would have made Janis a goat counter? The one thing I do know is that it definitely wasn't cows.

You were lucky to find her awake.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 25th February 2022, 10:28 PM

It transpired that there were no connections other than my clothes, all of which incredibly happen to have been made in that country.

Wow I just checked and mine are the same!

my ushanka and Cossack boots - all made in Russia ??

Whoda thunk it

Quote: lofthouse @ 27th February 2022, 12:20 PM

Wow I just checked and mine are the same!

my ushanka and Cossack boots - all made in Russia ??

Whoda thunk it

I think a lot of people are in a similar boat as almost everyone in the London to Brighton old crocks race wears a ushanka. Hippies wear kaftans and people who liked the Stone Roses pretty much wear rubakhas which are the traditional oversized shirt.

I knew someone called Olu Adebowale Ulay Olay-Addendum Tavistock Osinfolare.

He was only on a minimum wage but spent all of his earnings driving every weekend from London to France to buy a shirt, onto Italy to buy a pair trousers and then onto Spain to buy a pair of shoes, ensuring he was back in the office by 6am every Monday.

We could all have been doing this but unfortunately we didn't.

He is probably a billionaire now.

Sold my car last week and for the advert, I pulled up the spec of the car from the makers.
The spec said it had 6 gears so I went out to check - yep 6 gears. I have never put it into 6th in the cars life.
I don't do much motorway driving but I had occasionally wondered why when in 5th the green arrow was telling me to shift up.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 1st March 2022, 8:00 AM

but I had occasionally wondered why when in 5th the green arrow was telling me to shift up.

F**k me, do they have signs for everything? "Shut door" "Put foot on pedal" "Open eyes" "Turn steering wheel with hands" " Engage brain"

Back in the 70s, when cameras started to become more automatic, especially focussing, we used to joke that one day they'll have an ear piece to tell you when to press the button.

Another thing with that car... when you set off, all the doors automatically locked.
I had a mechanic take the 'feature' off but after the battery was disconnected, it came back so I left it at that.
I read in that spec it was to stop you being car-jacked.
Not much car-jacking goes off in Cleckheaton and Dewsbury

Eee, it's t'safest place in t'world.

Grabbing some breakfast at the Fort Lauderdale airport. They don't serve alcohol until 8 AM. :(