Status report Page 6,118

Aunt Bessie is so bountiful with her dumplings ? - I buy a pack of 8 each week to put 4 in the 2 casseroles I make for me and my wife (chicken, beef, pork, lamb rotation), and this morning I found the packet had 9.

I'm a winner! ?

You mean you're a Wunner .

There's a shrew on the loose somewhere in my house but it is gone into hiding.

I'm starting to think now I imagined it but the more rational part of me believes it is a psychological torturer.

This morning I saw a chap riding his bike in one of the many narrow "cycle" lanes on one of our main roads, freewheeling a second bicycle next to him by towing it along at the handle bars, while steering his own with one hand.

Now that is taking the piss under this new rule of two abreast for bikers, and of course, if the two bikes tangled with each other and he fell under the wheels of a car, it would be the car driver's fault for not going over to the other side of the road to avoid the twat.

Needless to say, there was no police patrol about, not that they would have seen anything wrong with what he was doing.

Sitting at the airport in West Palm Beach, watching my flight to Houston get later and later. If I miss my connecting flight to San Antonio, I'll have to rent a car, drive 220 miles, and arrive home after midnight. Then I'll have to get up at 4 AM to head to work. Even if I make my flight, I'll still arrive home at 10:30, so tomorrow will be a rough day at the office.

That's a bummer. Hope you made it back DaButt.

Quote: Will Cam @ 13th February 2022, 11:08 PM

That's a bummer. Hope you made it back DaButt.

Thanks, I just got home. I had to run half a mile to my gate in Houston, only to find that they'd closed the door and removed my name from the manifest. I convinced them to add me back, and all was well.

I cooked Spanish omelettes for tea tonight at Teddy Towers. I went to buy the eggs and I always get free range. But when I saw the price of them I wondered just exactly where their range is? Then I got a mental picture of two hens in sunglasses driving around Monte Carlo in an open top Jag.
Anyhoo in the end I had to get Asdas own free range, their yolks are as pale as shoplifter that's just been nicked demolishing a pyramid of tinned salmon. But as its Valentines we eat by candle light so I'll get away with egg and it left me a pound for scratchcard, which I lost on.

With all this wind, I'm worried about the caravan in our garden....................

.........as we didn't have one yesterday.

Garden or caravan ?

Memo to self: Always make sure that you've turned on the correct electric hob. Especially when you've rested a plastic colander on the one next to it

My mother's done that a couple of times. Once, the offending hob had a deep fat fryer full of oil on it, and another time a wooden bread board...

Ah, the storm Eunice got me.
Went to the cemetery yesterday and as I was entering, a mighty gust slammed the solid wrought iron gates shut onto my car.
A massive bang and broken glass sound.
I hardly dare look

Smashed nearside headlight, smashed fog light, bumper and side fairing hanging down and wheel liner ripped off. Bloody hell.

Booger, it were reet mess, I'll tell thee.

Unlikely to be any cartoons, adverts or postcards tomorrow (Tuesday) as Bloody Virgin are yet again (3rd time in two months) going to "improve" the service and will need to shut us all down. Bastards, and I getting thoroughly fed up of the whole debacle. Why didn't they get it right the first or second time.