Status report Page 6,117

Tired.

It's a funny old world innit.
At a company I have gone to for years I used to speak and have laughs with a mother and daughter that worked there.
They were natural comics and fed off each other.
One day her son came in to see his mother about some matter. After he had left, I said I know your son's face.
She said 'he plays professional darts. I then knew immediately who he was.
Very sadly, shortly after, and very suddenly his mother died.
Shocked and sad isn't the word.

Her son won the world masters last night - Joe Cullen

27F/-3C and freezing rain and sleet are falling, so the roads are a mess. I'm just sitting around and drinking homebrew (dark mild) and stuffing some sausages (pork/bison Nurnberger bratwursts, and maple/sage breakfast sausages). Might start watching The Responder or Boba Fett this evening.

At the airport bar for a quick beer and some breakfast tacos. My mother is having a cardiac procedure Thursday, so I'm flying to Florida to help her out for a week. My father is 85 and has advanced dementia, so I'm a bit worried about taking care of him. I'm even more worried about taking care of him for a lengthy period of time if my mother requires surgery. Hopefully that won't happen.

Wishing you well, DaButt, and hope it all works out OK.

I feel blessed (and also a little guilty for feeling that way) that both mine shuffled of this mortal coil pretty quick/painlessly.
I hope I can do the same for my kids.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th February 2022, 4:10 PM

Wishing you well, DaButt, and hope it all works out OK.

Thanks. Life gets tougher when you get older, but I'm happy to pay that price for the privilege of being allowed to grow older.

My Mum always said "Don't grow old" with her aches and pains but it's better than the alternative.

Went to the Doc's yesterday for the annual check up.
Nice to hear everything is generally ship shape and Bristol fashion. (you don't hear that term often these days)

Quote: Chappers @ 8th February 2022, 10:53 PM

My Mum always said "Don't grow old" with her aches and pains but it's better than the alternative.

Not necessarily. I'm ready to go when called. Rather than spend an extra few years in pain, discomfort and bewilderment.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 9th February 2022, 7:53 AM

Nice to hear everything is generally ship shape and Bristol fashion. (you don't hear that term often these days)

Oh Stephen, I knew you'd put on a bit of weight - so what size bra do you wear now?

FYI a C cup.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 9th February 2022, 11:03 AM

FYI a C cup.

Ah, and I know what the 'C' stands for, in your case.

Cute?

Or is that Wordle, 3 letters right, two in the correct,place one in the wrong

Wrong again Goodlad - right you need to see me after school, but I'm busy at the moment, so I'll see you next Tuesday.