Status report Page 5,645

I'm still left puzzled by my Madam Tussards experience. I had very low expectations going in, and yet I still felt underwhelmed. It wasn't so much the crowds which threatened to asphyxiate the unwary that disappointed, nor the hour and a half queueing , nor the fact that you had to then queue to get from room to room; I just didn't see point of waxwork replicas of celebrities, other than just appreciating the craft that went into them. It was a shrine to the shallowness of celebrity, where any of the celeb's actual talents had been stripped away, and we were just left with the empty husk to make sense of. It was interesting to see the Justin Bieber getting completely ignored though.

Of course, there were other things to enjoy, like the miniature taxi rides through the 'history of London for idiots' exhibit, and the cinema, which might have been more fun if we'd not already got very used to 3D screenings.

Are you sure you just didn't go in the Louis Tussauds one by mistake?

Quote: Nogget @ 1st June 2014, 7:49 AM BST

I'm still left puzzled by my Madam Tussards experience. I had very low expectations going in, and yet I still felt underwhelmed. It wasn't so much the crowds which threatened to asphyxiate the unwary that disappointed, nor the hour and a half queueing , nor the fact that you had to then queue to get from room to room; I just didn't see point of waxwork replicas of celebrities, other than just appreciating the craft that went into them. It was a shrine to the shallowness of celebrity, where any of the celeb's actual talents had been stripped away, and we were just left with the empty husk to make sense of. It was interesting to see the Justin Bieber getting completely ignored though.

Of course, there were other things to enjoy, like the miniature taxi rides through the 'history of London for idiots' exhibit, and the cinema, which might have been more fun if we'd not already got very used to 3D screenings.

Every time I go to London, at least one person will tell me to go there. Like you said I just don't get the point. They've got a couple of models in the ticket area of London Eye, to me they look a bit creepy and I don't see why people want to have a photo with them.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 1st June 2014, 8:04 AM BST

Are you sure you just didn't go in the Louis Tussauds one by mistake?

Yes, why?

Billwill is roasting a chicken and some spuds.

Ben is lamenting the end of the weekend.

Ben is being bothered by greenfly.

Ben is being bothered by the heat.

Ben will be heading to the gym later. He's also pleasantly surprised to see that he has a monopoly on Status Report.

Not anymore you don't.

Anyway Ruby Mae has popped back to see what you have been doing to her thread.

Ben is getting his trousers adjusted this weekend in aid of his upcoming lunch at the House of Lords.

What, are you getting an easy access flap put in around the back?

Quote: Ben @ 4th June 2014, 8:33 PM BST

Ben is getting his trousers adjusted this weekend in aid of his upcoming lunch at the House of Lords.

Say what?

Eh?

I'm sure he meant to say "House of GayLords".