Status report Page 5,641

I'm sure she'll love it..has she recognised herself in there yet?

Quote: roscoff @ 25th May 2014, 11:26 PM BST

Sat in the living room whilst my mum listening to my play based on my family in the kitchen. It could not be more weird!

Laughing out loud

Quote: Jennie @ 25th May 2014, 11:27 PM BST

I'm sure she'll love it..has she recognised herself in there yet?

Oh yes. I was expecting a clip across the ear! Instead she laughed and cried and I guess that's the sort of emotions I'm looking for from everybody!

When's it hitting the West End? Or whatever Wales' West End is called? West Valley?

Quote: Ben @ 26th May 2014, 12:10 AM BST

When's it hitting the West End? Or whatever Wales' West End is called? West Valley?

:) I wish! So far it's getting a good run on Radio Glamorgan though eventually it will be on a podcast on GTFM radio which will include a 'making of' documentary as well. An excerpt of that bit is at www.magicgyratory.com.
Small fry at the moment!

Ben is making breakfast and then needs to Skype someone in Israel.

Ah I know what that is.

Well done, keep up the good work.

(Sootyj would like to make clear to the best of his knowledge the Ben is not in Mossad)

Am wondering if anyone has ever been to counselling and found it helpful?
Realise it's really personal, but since this is the internet I figure people can answer if they want or just post about something else.

Yes it was helpful dealing with a couple of specific problems, but was glad to get out of it when I did.

But make sure you get the right counsellor/therapist, right type of therapy and right price.

OK, so I am officially crap at knowing when someone is flirting with me. I think I have a form of flirtation autism. I don't pick up the cues, I can't read the social signals, I just think they are being nice..then all of a sudden, I am in the shit.

According to one of my very close male friends, men are rarely nice for the sake of being nice. Apparently there is usually an ulterior motive.

I just don't see the world this way. I take people at face value. If someone keeps inviting me out for a drink...well, I figure that is because they would like a new friend.

ARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

How do men flirt? What do they do? Is there some kind of checklist I can use? Are there NICE guidelines?

Quote: reds @ 26th May 2014, 11:44 AM BST

Am wondering if anyone has ever been to counselling and found it helpful?
Realise it's really personal, but since this is the internet I figure people can answer if they want or just post about something else.

Counselling is the best thing ever. I had some a little while ago, not because I felt I needed it, but because I was really curious about the process. I found it really helpful and I didn't think I needed helping! My counsellor was good at challenging my thought processes and I now look at things in a much more balanced way. It also helps you to link stuff from your childhood to the present day.

I would go for it, but make sure you get one you really gel with.

Quote: Jennie @ 26th May 2014, 8:30 PM BST

OK, so I am officially crap at knowing when someone is flirting with me. I think I have a form of flirtation autism. I don't pick up the cues, I can't read the social signals, I just think they are being nice..then all of a sudden, I am in the shit.

According to one of my very close male friends, men are rarely nice for the sake of being nice. Apparently there is usually an ulterior motive.

I just don't see the world this way. I take people at face value. If someone keeps inviting me out for a drink...well, I figure that is because they would like a new friend.

Firstly your very close male friend is probably flirting with you. Some tips

1. Blokes who make an excuse to talk to you on pointless subjects
2. Blokes who pretend to be interested in anything remotely girly
3. Blokes take you out for a 'friendly' drink. Flirting
4. Blokes who travel long distances to meet you on some vacuous excuse.

That kind of thing. There are more :)

:D

Enlightening. I genuinely don't have a clue.

Let's hope my friend doesn't fancy me - I spent most of the evening telling him how lovely it was to have a friend who was more of a gay best friend to me. I think I may have told him that I see him as completely asexual.

So yeah, let's hope there is no ulterior motive there.

He says my base line needs to be "men are dogs. They are thinking about sex all the time". I pointed out it couldn't be all the time, but no, apparently it is all the time.

It is a wonder you get anything done at all.

Quote: Jennie @ 26th May 2014, 8:30 PM BST

How do men flirt?

Usually they have a copy of 'Does That Chat Up Line Ever Work - An Anthology by Professor sootyj' under their arm and refer to it frequently.

Laughing out loud

Jennie, best to wait until a man invites you to a posh restaurant, then halfway through dinner goes down on one knee, opens a small velvet-lined box and proffers a large diamond ring with the cry of: "Marry me!" You can be sure then.