Status report Page 5,642

I live in perpetual fear of that very occurrence, Mr Beaky. I have apparently been in relationships previously without being aware of it.

This makes it sound like everyone is clamouring to flirt with me. That is obviously not the case. But perhaps it is more than the 0% of the population I had previously assumed it to be.

Quote: Jennie @ 26th May 2014, 9:08 PM BST

I live in perpetual fear of that very occurrence, Mr Beaky. I have apparently been in relationships previously without being aware of it.

This makes it sound like everyone is clamouring to flirt with me. That is obviously not the case. But perhaps it is more than the 0% of the population I had previously assumed it to be.

Perhaps it's the wig and the gown? Some men like women in uniform.

I do have long term platonic friendships with women but it is mostly because they have failed to pick up on my flirting, and, well, I am not pushy type...

Quote: Oldrocker @ 26th May 2014, 9:13 PM BST

Perhaps it's the wig and the gown? Some men like women in uniform.

Interestingly, I think the good ol' wig and gown puts the boys off.

Criminal barrister was voted seventh sexiest profession - if you are a man. Apparently, male barristers are seen as cool, suave, slightly dangerous with the gift of the gab.

Female barristers not so much. We are seen as highly strung, ambitious, overly competitive and as David Brent puts it..."GBH on the ear".

Quote: Tursiops @ 26th May 2014, 9:14 PM BST

I do have long term platonic friendships with women but it is mostly because they have failed to pick up on my flirting, and, well, I am not pushy type...

:O
Really?

*Reconsiders all my friendships with men*.

I'm joining a nunnery. This is all too complicated for me.

Quote: Tursiops @ 26th May 2014, 9:14 PM BST

He's a lad innie ?

According to Sex and The City if you are a flashy lady lawyer you should pretend to be an air hostess to attract men.

I could do air hostess...

Chicken or beef?
Chicken or beef?
Chicken or beef?

Will have them flocking.

Quote: Jennie @ 26th May 2014, 9:08 PM BST

You've got pretty eye brows

Quote: lofthouse @ 26th May 2014, 9:30 PM BST

Laughing out loud

Your welcome, flower

:)

Quote: lofthouse @ 26th May 2014, 9:30 PM BST

Now you have to return the compliment about one of Lofthouses body parts. I hear he has big feet. Try that.

Sings: Matchmaker Matchmaker...

What a hideous faff.

In law, one party sets out what they want. The other party does the same. We sit down in a little room for an hour or two and negotiate. We then come out with a decision, or failing that, go to a judge to ask him for a decision.

If only everything could be that straightforward.

Quote: Jennie @ 27th May 2014, 11:44 AM BST

What a hideous faff.

In law, one party sets out what they want. The other party does the same. We sit down in a little room for an hour or two and negotiate. We then come out with a decision, or failing that, go to a judge to ask him for a decision.

If only everything could be that straightforward.

Not sure an adversarial system should be held up as a template for relationships, but the analogy is probably closer than you allow.

Careful these negotiations can lead to perfectly innocent people getting sentenced to 20 years hard marriage.

Quote: Tursiops @ 27th May 2014, 12:14 PM BST

Not sure an adversarial system should be held up as a template for relationships, but the analogy is probably closer than you allow.

I think it may work quite well. Relationships are all about expectations and negotiation.

I expect you not to leave your dirty boxers on the floor of the bedroom. Negotiation - you won't do that anymore.

You expect sex every night of the week. Negotiation..well, you get the idea!

Quote: sootyj @ 27th May 2014, 12:16 PM BST

Careful these negotiations can lead to perfectly innocent people getting sentenced to 20 years hard marriage.

I defend, Soots. I try and save people from a fate such as this!