Status report Page 5,427

Do phones not have an off button these days?

Quote: Tursiops @ 1st December 2013, 10:14 PM GMT

My phone is actually quite difficult to switch off! I have to put into 'Bedside Mode' to turn off all notifications, because it takes a full 2 minutes (by design) to boot up if I properly turn it off.

Quote: Harridan @ 1st December 2013, 10:10 PM GMT

She made up for it with repeated gestures of "This is not important enough to divert my attention", so I forgave her. ;)

:D Excellent, so when is the next date? What is she like? I live vicariously through other people's love lives.

My phone doesn't like being switched off. It turns itself back on. Then off. Then on again.

This might be because of the £8 cost thing.

Quote: Jennie @ 1st December 2013, 10:21 PM GMT

:D Excellent, so when is the next date? What is she like? I live vicariously through other people's love lives.

Haha! You will be disappointed if you hope that my love life will offer you much entertainment! I saw her again last weekend, which was fun. She's a gobby, political feminist type like me, and an interpreter for the deaf so she has a cute quirk of subconsciously signing when she talks! Probably won't see her until after Christmas as she's out of the country for a week and then moving house. :)

Quote: Harridan @ 1st December 2013, 10:10 PM GMT

She made up for it with repeated gestures of "This is not important enough to divert my attention", so I forgave her. ;)

perve!

A man should have a hobby!

I compered a care home Christmas bazaar yesterday. Y'know the sort of thing, 'Santa's coming at 2.30', 'We'll be having carols at 4.00' and 'make sure you get your raffle tickets - lots of fabulous prizes!'

In all there must've been a 100 people there and it was a fun event. In my first 'link' I made a joke about the Easter bunny not being able to make it (Why did I do that?) which was met with a sea of bemused faces. It got better from then on but wasn't a very auspicious start to my compere career. :)

In my day you had to spin a little and talk to the operator.

Which was convenient as I mostly used it for making obsene and threatening phone calls and it didn't cost me a shilling!

You scamp you

Harridan has her first cold of the winter :( *achooo sniffle* Ugh.

Have holidays due in a few months. Trying to decide if I should go overseas or somewhere in Australia.

Ben has a cold. Only had one a couple of months ago. Unbelievable.

Get well soon, Ben and Harridan!

What's that woman up to behind you by the way Jennie?

What's that woman up to behind you by the way Jennie?

That's me! It's the random girl in front that causes me more concern...

S he seems to be enjoying it anyway!