Status report Page 5,422

Quote: Jennie @ 29th November 2013, 8:35 AM GMT

Bit shaken up after being grabbed by a man whilst on my run last night - but big kudos to the two policemen who attended, who were kind, professional, took me seriously and didn't even baulk on learning I was a defence brief!

Jeeze hope you were not too shook up. Where's that Teddy when you need him!

Quote: Harridan @ 29th November 2013, 11:53 AM GMT

Harridan has had two people cancel weekend plans with her and thinks she should just give up trying to have a social life and commit to being a shut-in.

Join us at the comedy conference

Hope you are ok Jennie.

Quote: Harridan @ 29th November 2013, 11:53 AM GMT

Harridan has had two people cancel weekend plans with her and thinks she should just give up trying to have a social life and commit to being a shut-in.

Know exactly how you feel. Often have people cancel plans on me, to the point that I have given up organising things with some people or don't consider something as definite until one hour beforehand, when I haven't got a message saying you are now going to do something else. It's not very nice always been peoples "if nothing better comes up option".

Quote: Nogget @ 29th November 2013, 1:02 PM GMT

I hardly think being unable to log onto Facebook counts as "having two people cancel plans" with you.

Ouch!

Quote: reds @ 29th November 2013, 1:17 PM GMT

Know exactly how you feel. Often have people cancel plans on me, to the point that I have given up organising things with some people or don't consider something as definite until one hour beforehand, when I haven't got a message saying you are now going to do something else. It's not very nice always been peoples "if nothing better comes up option".

:(

Quite Harridan isn't on Facebook.

Ben had a very dull day at work coping with the stock take. It was made harder due to a lack of sleep after a night out.

Thanks for your concern all - I am fine. It wasn't a man trying to drag me into the bushes or anything, just someone who wouldn't get out of my way then grabbed boobage as I went past him. So not the worst, but still not acceptable.

What a creep

I think he should be made to wear a big sign saying 'I GROPE STRANGERS' for 3 months.

That's a long time to grope someone

Wow, that's a weird response from the pavement hogger.

Quote: Ben @ 29th November 2013, 7:33 PM GMT

Wow, that's a weird response from the pavement hogger.

Yep - it was a local youth. As far as he was concerned it was a big joke. I think a certain section of our society are growing up believing that this is OK behaviour and that women should just put up with it.

I don't particularly want him prosecuted, but I do want him hauled in for questioning, locked in a police cell and basically reminded that it is a sex offence for which you go on the Register. So I'm keeping a look out for him.

Aparently it's normal greeting in Milton Keynes

Quote: Jennie @ 29th November 2013, 8:13 PM GMT

Yep - it was a local youth. As far as he was concerned it was a big joke. I think a certain section of our society are growing up believing that this is OK behaviour and that women should just put up with it.

I saw something on TV the other night (might have been the News or Newsnight) relevant to this - where teenage boys really think it's fine to rape the girls and the girls seem to think that's just their lot. Quite tragic.

Quote: sootyj @ 29th November 2013, 8:18 PM GMT

Aparently it's normal greeting in Milton Keynes

Watch it, sunshine.
Everyone know most gropers are in the north.