Status report Page 4,254

Whipper snapper.

Any way you've live past double the Welsh life expectancy.

Quote: sootyj @ January 31 2012, 10:30 AM GMT

Whipper snapper.

Any way you've live past double the Welsh life expectancy.

life expetancy is at an all time high since we killed off chunks of population mining. its now 30 years and 16 seconds.that's a huge 3 second increase in the last 10 years.

:| Where is Bigfella?...

Bloody tablets another nightmare, think I will take 'em in mornings!

Anyone else listen to radio on little transistor? Methinks only me!

Little transistor implanted in your brain by the CIA?

Thems some powerful tablets!

:D Bugger off Sooty you always catch me unawares, mind you so does my sons!

fnaar

Here's another update for you guys...

1. Still not found a house and the viewings for 'ours' have started. We have at least cleared up about the longer term arrangement that we can stay until a buyer is found at a reduced rent but once one has been found we have just a month before we have to get out.
2. Brake problem with the car which will cost in excess of £400 to fix
3. Our microwave broke last week so we had to get a replacement

On the positive side, Jo's job which we thought stopped today will actually last at least another month. We also had £60 today from her old part-time job which finished just before Christmas.

"Life is a rollercoaster, just gotta ride it..."

Hang on in there Tuumbers.

A little poem to cheer you up (4th/5th line don't scan quite right, not that you'd notice:

Cheer up Tuumble
Have some apple cruumble
Lace it with rophpy-nol
And give it to your wife after your main meal of the day (or an alternative substantial secondary meal) so she can't complain when you have
A little fuumble

We have all been told not to use R word anymore!

Tummble have you seen anything suitable?

So Tuumble -

You're buying a house, have a car and one of your expensive electrical items has broken.

I will fly over to Chad and start a fundraising effort immediately! ;)

In the voice of Old Rocker: 'Count yer blessings, son, count yer blessings. Oucha! Rabbit, rabbit, yup yup yup rabbit rabbit bunny jabber yup rabbit bunny yup yup yup rabbit bunny jabber yup yup yup rabbit bunny jabber yup yup bunny jabber rabbit!'

Quote: Tuumble @ January 31 2012, 1:39 PM GMT

3. Our microwave broke last week so we had to get a replacement

Had to? When mine broke, I binned it and enjoyed all the space it freed up.

It is annoying when things keep breaking, it's been happening to me over the past few weeks; shower broken, TV broken, computer broken, car broken, and other bits, too; but I just fix what I can and get on with life.
Don't let it get to you!

Quote: dellas @ January 31 2012, 2:02 PM GMT

We have all been told not to use R word anymore!

'If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.' - George Washington

;) Baaa humbug!

I have to say Dellas, being told I shouldn't use a word makes it about a gazillion times more likely I'll use it. This may well be because I have the maturity of a particularly immature urchin, but anyway: rohypnol, rohypnol, rohypnol.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 31 2012, 2:04 PM GMT

You're buying a house...

Renting.

...have a car...

...that's too dangerous to drive apparently.

...and one of your expensive electrical items has broken.

....been replaced. :)

I will fly over to Chad and start a fundraising effort immediately! ;)

In the voice of Old Rocker: 'Count yer blessings, son, count yer blessings. Oucha! Rabbit, rabbit, yup yup yup rabbit rabbit bunny jabber yup rabbit bunny yup yup yup rabbit bunny jabber yup yup yup rabbit bunny jabber yup yup bunny jabber rabbit!'

:P

Yes, yes I know...

It's true we didn't have to replace the microwave and we did live without it (and enjoyed the space) for several days after it died. I did notice the wording at the time but ended up leaving it as it was. It was not a disaster but it does make things a bit easier if we have one and I'm all for that at the moment.

In actual fact I've been pretty happy today; it's been pretty constructive but it would be nice just not have all the extra hassle to deal with. I can't have been too stressed as I was quoting Ronan Keating lyrics in the previous post.

No house found as yet - had a couple of viewings but nothing really suitable. Most are too expensive, too small and too far away but with the timings now a bit more flexible we have a little more time to see if something that works turns up.

P.S. Have you ever noticed that the 'Y' key on a keyboard looks like cleavage and/or ladies naughty bits?