Status report Page 4,181

Quote: Leevil @ December 30 2011, 12:32 PM GMT

So zooo, how do you be a woman?

Read the book. ;)

Quote: sootyj @ December 30 2011, 12:50 PM GMT

I find Caitlin seems to have got well dull since she became a celeb

Is she a celeb though? Even I've barely heard of her.
Anyway, is more likely she got dull since she grew up and became an adult! She started out awfully young.

Quote: zooo @ December 30 2011, 1:05 PM GMT

Read the book. ;)

*smells Kindle*

Mmmm plastic.

*FAIL*

I've just realised I've quoted and replied to myself with a blaze on page 4179.

*FAIL*

Laughing out loud

Put week to good use, working up a new pilot; always a nice feeling when you finish that first draft.

You always seem to be writing pilots. Which is good, well done. But how many of those do you put your heart into?

Quote: Leevil @ December 30 2011, 3:53 PM GMT

You always seem to be writing pilots. Which is good, well done. But how many of those do you put your heart into?

Oh, they all get the same passion and effort, I'm just lucky that I can be a quick writer when I get going; I've never been one to labour and worry, just get the first draft done and put the extra effort in later. Plus I have the experience now that I realise it's almost foolish only to have one or two scripts that you've put everything into; you need script after script and to try to get them sitting with as many different people as possible. The machine gun approach. Every new script is important to me.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 30 2011, 3:59 PM GMT

Oh, they all get the same passion and effort, I'm just lucky that I can be a quick writer when I get going; I've never been one to labour and worry, just get the first draft done and put the extra effort in later.

You truly are the Barbara Cartland of Comedy. ;)

Quote: chipolata @ December 30 2011, 4:03 PM GMT

You truly are the Barbara Cartland of Comedy. ;)

Ha, well, I do think it's the most important thing just to get the first draft done, don't over work it, just get to a point where you can write 'the End'. I think a lot of wannabe writers fall down because they labour too hard over every first draft scene and line and never make it to the end. It's the redrafting where all the hard work lies, where you can turn the shitty slop you've spewed out into a solid script. Accept it's probably not going to be great straight away, but get it down.

Laughing out loud

Thanks for taking the question as intended. It could have backfired into one of those fun internet disputes you hear so much about.

I think my new mouse is too small. My hand feels giant. :(

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 30 2011, 3:59 PM GMT

I've never been one to labour and worry, just get the first draft done and put the extra effort in later.

Oh, that's not to say I don't put work in BEFORE I start writing; I've always worked hard putting the world and characters together, what the show is, and an episode skeleton so I have the ep all planned out scene by scene before I start.

Quote: zooo @ December 30 2011, 4:41 PM GMT

I actually thought you meant rodent mouse. I didn't even question that it was too small for you giant hand.

Quote: zooo @ December 30 2011, 4:41 PM GMT

Fat Handed twat:

Quote: Leevil @ December 30 2011, 4:46 PM GMT

I actually thought you meant rodent mouse. I didn't even question that it was too small for you giant hand.

:D

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 30 2011, 4:46 PM GMT

Fat Handed twat:

Laughing out loud