Four Lions - Chris Morris' Jihadi Comedy Page 5

I doubt that's true at all. Morris has always struck me as a rather moral person at heart; I can't imagine he'd derive any joy from upsetting the victims of terrorism.

I'm not sure Ian's saying that. I think he's alluding to the quote 'all publicity is good publicity'.

Quote: don rushmore @ May 6 2010, 11:52 AM BST

I'm not sure Ian's saying that. I think he's alluding to the quote 'all publicity is good publicity'.

Maybe, but then Morris hasn't demonstrated much evidence of being a publicity hound either.

Quote: David Bussell @ May 6 2010, 12:04 PM BST

Maybe, but then Morris hasn't demonstrated much evidence of being a publicity hound either.

No, I can't remember ever seeing or reading an interview with him. He just doesn't seem interested in that side of things. Pity some others couldn't learn from him. And yes, I'm looking at you, Gervais.

Morris hasn't demonstrated much evidence of being a publicity hound either.

I wasn't agreeing with Ian, just deciphering his post.

Quote: don rushmore @ May 6 2010, 12:29 PM BST

I wasn't agreeing with Ian, just deciphering his post.

I see.

Quote: chipolata @ May 6 2010, 8:27 AM BST

The families of 7/7 victims have every right to feel the way they do. I think they're wrong but I didn't lose anyone on that day.

To be honest, from what I can see in the story they are actually wrong. They seem to think that the film is about some terrorists trying to blow up the underground and that the film is an actual humourous re-telling of 7/7.

They have every right to be offended, it would just be nice if people like this actually understood what they were being offended by before complaining.

Quote: Chris Forshaw @ May 6 2010, 1:14 PM BST

To be honest, from what I can see in the story they are actually wrong. They seem to think that the film is about some terrorists trying to blow up the underground and that the film is an actual humourous re-telling of 7/7.

There was a guy on the radio this morning who had lost somebody in 7/7 and he knew exactly what the film was about, and that the London Marathon was the target in the film. He felt that this was too close to actual events.

Quote: chipolata @ May 6 2010, 6:15 PM BST

There was a guy on the radio this morning who had lost somebody in 7/7 and he knew exactly what the film was about, and that the London Marathon was the target in the film. He felt that this was too close to actual events.

I can understand why some might get upset, but I think really the film is doing a good thing. Mocking something that seems terrifying can only be a good thing.

And at the end of the day, no one is making anyone else watch it; and it's not taking the piss out of bombers victims, its thumbing its nose at the terrorists. So good.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 6 2010, 6:37 PM BST

I can understand why some might get upset, but I think really the film is doing a good thing. Mocking something that seems terrifying can only be a good thing.

And at the end of the day, no one is making anyone else watch it; and it's not taking the piss out of bombers victims, its thumbing its nose at the terrorists. So good.

You'll get no argument from me. I'm merely stating that I can understand why the victims of 7/7 families might be unhappy with it and might think that it's not a subject fit for comedy. Personally, I think it is. But I can understand some peoples trepidation and reservations.

But sorry for showing an ounce of compassion. Won't happen again.

Quote: David Bussell @ May 6 2010, 10:14 AM BST

I doubt that's true at all. Morris has always struck me as a rather moral person at heart; I can't imagine he'd derive any joy from upsetting the victims of terrorism.

I was saying that Morris would probably welcome the publicity that any protest will give him.

Quote: chipolata @ May 6 2010, 6:57 PM BST

But sorry for showing an ounce of compassion. Won't happen again.

It did seem rather out of character, I was all confused.

Just got back from seeing this. Really good, just as I would expect from Mr Morris.

Yes but is it morally sound, young man with a bandanna? Hmmm?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ May 8 2010, 8:43 PM BST

Yes but is it morally sound,

Yes.

Just saw it...exceptional welcome back Chris!

Proves some subjects are to important to be taken seriously.

Last bit is a bit weak, but I think even he couldn't have followed the same tone to the bitter end.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ May 8 2010, 8:43 PM BST

Yes but is it morally sound, young man with a bandanna? Hmmm?

Very much so.

And no one gets a get out of jail free card.