Four Lions - Chris Morris' Jihadi Comedy Page 4

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ March 18 2010, 12:19 PM GMT

Is that the PhoneJacker guy in one of the roles?

Kayvan Novak? I hope so, he's rather dishy.

Quote: Ben @ March 18 2010, 10:33 AM GMT

I'm attending a private screening of this soon and will let you know how it goes.

Harken at him.

If it involves you being filmed whilst someone sharpesns a meat cleaver I'd leg it.

I can't believe this is coming out next week. It feels like I've been waiting ages for it.

Still, can't wait...

:)

There's a review of it at this very moment on Frontrow. I'm eager to hear what Mark Lawson has to say about it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8663809.stm

Four Lions film boycott urged by 7/7 families

Quote: The Giggle-o @ May 6 2010, 1:20 AM BST

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8663809.stm

Four Lions film boycott urged by 7/7 families

One cannot help but think that is the sort of thing Chris Morris wants.

The families of 7/7 victims have every right to feel the way they do. I think they're wrong but I didn't lose anyone on that day.

I don't quite understand what they are objecting to. How does making fun of terrorists equate to moral bankruptcy?

Quote: Nogget @ May 6 2010, 8:31 AM BST

I don't quite understand what they are objecting to. How does making fun of terrorists equate to moral bankruptcy?

It's not, but you have to appreciate how raw the sensibilities are of those who lost people in 7/7.

You also have to factor in that newspapers that already don't like Morris are happy to exploit peoples grief to score points and cheap stories.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ May 6 2010, 6:56 AM BST

I doubt that's true at all. Morris has always struck me as a rather moral person at heart; I can't imagine he'd derive any joy from upsetting the victims of terrorism.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ May 6 2010, 6:56 AM BST

Yes I was going to say that I doubt that's his intention at all.

Quote: chipolata @ May 6 2010, 9:49 AM BST

You also have to factor in that newspapers that already don't like Morris are happy to exploit peoples grief to score points and cheap stories.

Except this appears to be a BBC story.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ May 6 2010, 11:11 AM BST

Except this appears to be a BBC story.

Is it? Or did originate with a newspaper story? Which is how a lot of stories get started? Although having not read the details I'm not sure what it's all about yet.

Quote: chipolata @ May 6 2010, 11:14 AM BST

Is it? Or did originate with a newspaper story? Which is how a lot of stories get started? Although having not read the details I'm not sure what it's all about yet.

Judging by Google News, it originated with the Beeb. I was surprised too.

There was a feature on it on Tuesday's The One Show.