Four Lions - Chris Morris' Jihadi Comedy Page 6

Okay, might go and see it then.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 6 2010, 6:37 PM BST

Mocking something that seems terrifying can only be a good thing.

I agree in principle it's a good thing. But in practice it can be very dangerous - Stalin, Hitler, Mao Tse Tung and a thousand other tyrants didn't like it. Nor did the idiot Islamists when cartoonists published those photos of their looney Mohammed.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ May 9 2010, 4:42 PM BST

Okay, might go and see it then.

I agree in principle it's a good thing. But in practice it can be very dangerous - Stalin, Hitler, Mao Tse Tung and a thousand other tyrants didn't like it.

Hmmm... where are they now?

Of course we should take the piss out of the ridiculously evil and dangerously fervent.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ May 9 2010, 4:42 PM BST

I agree in principle it's a good thing. But in practice it can be very dangerous - Stalin, Hitler, Mao Tse Tung and a thousand other tyrants didn't like it.

All the more reason to do it, I would say.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ May 9 2010, 4:47 PM BST

Hmmm... where are they now?

In their single graves, unlike the the many millions who mocked them.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ May 9 2010, 5:55 PM BST

In their single graves, unlike the the many millions who mocked them.

Yes, if only those Jews hadn't mocked Hitler they'd have been all right!

Actually I do find that remark puzzling.

What does it mean?

'Mocked' was the previous word used, that why I used it. Replace it with cross, upset, challenge, refuse to acquiesce with, get in the way of, wage war with, wage ideolgical war with and you have a death list that could fill the Isle of Whight ten times over. Good evening.

Still a bit lost. Stalin, Mao and Pohl Pott all had nice peaceful deaths unlike their unknown millions of victims.

Most of whom wouldn't have dared mock them.

What are you actually saying. I think this is just a clarity issue.

He's saying don't cross da badman.

Oh right.

Couldn't disagree more. Piss taking is one of the few ways you can really hurt a tyrant (albeit at the potential cost of your life).

Though apparently Hitler and Stalin were quite fond of jokes.

Quote: sootyj @ May 9 2010, 7:39 PM BST

Still a bit lost. Stalin, Mao and Pohl Pott all had nice peaceful deaths unlike their unknown millions of victims.

That's what I said, they had single graves.

Well Hitler was burned in a ditch and his remains hidden under a bush by a Soviety private.

Not much of a grave.

And they just chucked Pohl Pott in a bonfire with some tyres.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ May 9 2010, 7:50 PM BST

That's what I said, they had single graves.

Wasn't Hitler disposed of alongside Eva Braun? I may be wrong.

True, true well pointed out.

And Ming the Merciless was impaled by a giant spike on the front of a spaceship. He had green blood.