Is there an ITV sitcom that David Chapman likes?

I was just wondering, are there any ITV sitcoms that David Chapman likes? Every time I read a thread about one, he just says "It was a typical ITV sitcom." You've criticised everyone, I think even Rising Damp - which by any true sitcom fan, is regarded as a classic. So Dave, are there any you actually like?

No!

Apart from maybe The Lovers, Agony and Shelley.

I don't really think anyone else can answer this.

So, why don't you like Rising Damp? Actually, looking at the Doctor In The House thread, you said you liked that.

Oh yes - I forgot that.

Something about Rising Damp always annoyed me. I don't know what exactly.

Is this thread going to be like an interview?

Anyway, glad to see you like The Lovers I think that is really funny - Jack Rosenthal was a great writer. Never seen Shelley or Agony.

And Please Sir!.

Classic. Paticulary the first series. But I'm sure you'll admit that Series 4 was quite painful.

I get so lost when people quote series numbers and episode names.

It never occurred to me that each episode had a different title until I came on this site.

Anyway, I'm thinking of giving Shelley a go. Haven't tried anything new for quite a while. I'm looking forward to the 13th of October, where I will be trying out for the first time Get Some In, Hark At Barker and Six Dates With Barker But whilst I'm waiting for these releases, I will give Shelley a go.

Shelley (however it's spelled) was a bit strange in that a lot of it was Hywell Bennett's monologues which could be a bit annoying because really I never considered him a comic actor - but the scripts were so good.

Chappers is right about Shelley. It was brilliant.

Rising Damp is ace. I'm not sure you would enjoy Agony though, Jack. Shelley I've got the first two series' of, but never got around to watching should probably do so...

So, basically David Chapman likes only BBC products...

Shelley is the greatest ITV sitcom of all time in my opinion and I urge everyone on this entire forum to go out and buy the first three series on DVD.

Maybe that will make Network release the rest of the series, I can but dream :)

Has DC done a Meet The Writers interview? I'd like to read that.