Going to see stand-up Page 22

Was going to go see him tonight but it's 6pm- don't think I'd make it in time.

I know, he said it's a really early one.

No comedy for me this week unfortunately now.

I went to see our own Tony Cowards, last night (and shared a bill, one of the acts dropped out and I was roped in... hopefully didn't ruin the night for anyone), was a small-ish crowd but he was excellent, I recommend everyone see him.

I'd like to see Tony- almsot did in London but then couldn't get to the venue.

I'm off to Manchester shortly, seeing Sean Lock tomorrow. :)

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 24 2010, 12:41 PM BST

I'm off to Manchester shortly, seeing Sean Lock tomorrow. :)

This was brilliant, and we laughed a lot. His last bit about Madonna had Julia in fits. :D

Hi all. Just to say, I saw Sarah Millican at the weekend (she was one of four acts in 'Best of the Fest' in Brighton).

She was *brilliant* and completely stole the show. I'd have liked to have seen her full set but she's sold out here.

Seeing Kevin Bridges tonight. Only seen snippets of his act before but looking forward to it.

Kevin Bridges is to Sarah Millican what a poo is to a priceless piece of art.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ October 12 2010, 11:32 PM BST

Kevin Bridges is to Sarah Millican what a poo is to a priceless piece of art.

I don't think either are much cop, to be honest.

I enjoyed Kevin Bridges, he came across as likeable and got the audience on-side easily. I found it mostly 'smiley, ha ha, yes that's funny' humour rather than belly laughs though. That might be partly because he's only 23 and I'm... not only 23.

Quote: Splodge @ October 13 2010, 9:26 AM BST

I don't think either are much cop, to be honest.

Yeah but you're obviously wrong.

Quote: clueless @ October 13 2010, 10:45 AM BST

I enjoyed Kevin Bridges, he came across as likeable and got the audience on-side easily. I found it mostly 'smiley, ha ha, yes that's funny' humour rather than belly laughs though.

I think that's why I don't like him, because he don't make me laugh laugh. Sometimes he warrants a smirk, but I think his humour is too gentle for my liking. Plus I'nm properly racist against Scottish people.

Ah, I must admit I'm a sucker for a Glaswegian accent so that helps.

Saw the boy with tape on his face at the weekend. He was very funny and pretty unique so well worth a watch. The support Dan Nightingale was very good as well. He's been there pretty much every time I've been to the Frog and Bucket in Manchester and he's always gone down well.

Quote: Jebsly @ October 14 2010, 1:46 PM BST

Saw the boy with tape on his face at the weekend. He was very funny and pretty unique so well worth a watch.

Saw him once, was brilliant.