BBC Comedy College Page 35

Sorry this may already have been covered, but does anybody know if the BBC will inform us if we haven't been successful? Or will it just be a case of, no news is very bad news?!!!!

The question was asked I believe but not responded to. By all accounts updates will now come via the Writersroom blog. There's a comments section there.

They'll probably announce a date and if you don't hear by that date, you aint been shortlisted.

According to Writers Room the 12 shortlisted will be invited for interview on 13th May, so you'll certainly know if you haven't heard by then.

Both Ronnie Corbett and Dudley Moore were both originally short listed by the BBC and it didn't seem to do either of their careers any harm.

Ben Elton was apparently turned down by NR as he couldn't sing.

Micheal has put a blog on the beeb site now.

I see Steven Moffett is on the team now. When is he going to take over Doctor Who by the way and save the.... 'brand' (sic)

:)

Cheers bb

Did Steven Moffat write 'Joking Apart'?

That's right BB and Coupling. And the best episodes of Doctor Who in the new reincarnation. He has the structural rigour of David Renwick as well as being very observational and capable of delivering great comic lines. Clever, clever man.

I stood behind him in a queue once - he didn't ask for my autograph.

Looks like Micheal is going to be contacting a fair few more than the 12 interviewees. That's very good to hear. Would be great to be told "your work impressed" even if you don't make the cut, I should think.

Yup. I just hope the cv bit refers to comedy stuff produced not lots of soap.

Quote: Griff @ April 21 2008, 2:06 PM BST

Looks like Micheal is going to be contacting a fair few more than the 12 interviewees. That's very good to hear. Would be great to be told "your work impressed" even if you don't make the cut, I should think.

That's what I thought.

I see that Graham Linehan is involved with the scheme now. I bet Seefacts is kicking himself that he didn't enter.

Apparently there's a big, bald headed oirishman doing it for him.