BBC Comedy College Page 30

Just sent it off. Bodes well that Micheal is into Modesty Blaise and Macs. Not that the script features either but, y'know.

No auto-reply yet, although I only sent it about 8 seconds ago. I'll just keep casually checking my spam every few minutes. Without rest for sleep or food.

EDIT: got it. Good thing I was so breezy.

Okay peeps, just to let you know that I've now sent mine from another email I have and got the auto reply saying received. Sent twice from hotmail and nothing so make of that what you will.

Quote: bushbaby @ April 12 2008, 3:55 PM BST

send another using small letters with just a message ...did they get the script, you should get a reply to that

Caps or no caps for an email makes nooooooo difference whatsoever.

Hello, am about to send off my script and CV to the BBC. Do they want a synopsis of some kind, or are they looking to make a judgement purely based on the 10 pages?

Think it's just the 10 pages they want. From what I understand it's CV first, followed by the script.

Dan

Quote: manchester's trendy chorlton @ April 13 2008, 8:33 PM BST

Hello, am about to send off my script and CV to the BBC. Do they want a synopsis of some kind, or are they looking to make a judgement purely based on the 10 pages?

If you feel it needs some kind of context or explanation, put some in the email itself, perhaps.

Phew, well that's mine sent off at last. Much agonising over every keystroke.

Of course, I only realised after sending it that:

(1) my sitcom script contains some French persons who are not treated altogether sympathetically and in fact are possibly lightly mocked.

(2) Micheal Jacob might potentially be French, given the spelling of his name and the fact that his BBC bio says he once taught at the Sorbonne.

May I just take this opportunity to point out to M.Jacob, should he be reading these pages, that I have nothing but the highest regard for our French neighbours and that any disrespect accorded to Gallic characters in my sitcom is completely accidental.

Laughing out loud

Well, I sent my entry again over the weekend, this time from an account which, judging from the amount of spam it gets, boasts practically NO filtering...

.... and I STILL haven't got the automated response. Used the same address as before: CollegeofComedy@bbc.co.uk. How on earth I'm managing to screw this bad boy up is beyond me...

I sent mine off yesterday, from AOL, and got a receipt reply within minutes.

I got my receipt after about 15 minutes.

Mine took 27 minutes to get the auto response.

Arse! I'll have to e-mail the blighters to check they got it then. I'd rather not send it a third time from a third account in case I get blacklisted for being an annoying twonk.

And can I just add a shameless plug for The Sitcom Trials here?

The new season of the head-to-head sitcom show begins in London in September and the producers are looking for new scripts now. Details at http://sitcomtrials.co.uk

Quote: Micheal Jacob @ April 10 2008, 5:37 PM BST

Actually, the priority lies in mainstream audience sitcom/mainstream sketch shows. Which isn't to say that more niche writing will be ruled out. It's completely open.

As a viewer, I'd really love to see a return of quality mainstream comedies on the BBC, and feel that the comedy department have singularly failed to deliver on this front in recent years. Here's hoping this scheme addresses that problem.