BBC Comedy College Page 31

Quote: Kev F @ April 14 2008, 9:52 AM BST

And can I just add a shameless plug for The Sitcom Trials here?

The new season of the head-to-head sitcom show begins in London in September and the producers are looking for new scripts now. Details at http://sitcomtrials.co.uk

I'm getting confused Kev, is this the same sitcomtrial as every1sacritic?
I have now sent scripts to both

Re acknowledgements: The automated reply will only work once to a particular address. It sounds as if the message is being caught up in some spam filters. Email to check if you're concerned.

One last question on the College of Comedy: is it a one off, or will it be a yearly thing like the BBC Drama College?

I hope so Jason, I don't know. It will depend on how people feel this year's has gone.

Quote: Pripyat @ April 14 2008, 8:20 AM BST

Well, I sent my entry again over the weekend, this time from an account which, judging from the amount of spam it gets, boasts practically NO filtering...

.... and I STILL haven't got the automated response. Used the same address as before: CollegeofComedy@bbc.co.uk. How on earth I'm managing to screw this bad boy up is beyond me...

The problem for me when I tried sending stuff in was cutting and pasting the address - and always including that full stop at the end. Took me ages to spot that.

Well, Mr Jacob has kindly confirmed the e-mail(s) did arrive - so who knows what the problem was?

Anyway, that removes 'pah, my e-mail never arrived' as a handy excuse for the inevitable crushing failure, which is a good thing. Right?

I'd just like to inform Mr Jacob that any criticism of the BBC in any of my posts was done under duress whilst an administrator [who shall be nameless] of this site held a gun to my head [it was Aaron] and that I am at this moment eating a mixture of mud and gravel whilst flagellating myself to unconsciousness in repentance. The rest of you can forget it now. I'm a shoe-in.

In reference to below. I refuse to be drawn into geekdom like the Enterprises tractor beam to a powerless space shuttle or type 2 steam train reg. 0167892 pulling in to a railway station full of train spotters. I'll just keep editing my posts :P

I'd like to point out at this point that I admire the BBC.

HAHAHAH, SCREW YOU, WELSHY!

P.S. Almost on 1,000 posts there Ross!

I'm saving up a special post for my 1000th

OK, so now the deadline's passed, good luck to anyone wbo applied.

If anyone does get short-listed do let us know.

Okay, I've done the first blog. It's at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/writersroom/

That's a great read, Micheal, thanks. One to bookmark I think!

Gulp. 1200 qualified comedy writers. 6 places. That's ... ummm ... a 0.5% chance of getting on! Thank God my script was a work of towering genius.

Will you be publishing any of the long-long, long, short, medium, or microscopic lists ?

Also it was interesting to read the most popular settings for sketches - what was your first impression as to the most popular sitcom settings ?

What does over-qualified mean? Did John Sullivan apply?

Police interview room?!

Shit, I've written 3 of those for my sketch portfolio which will maybe go to producers . . .

Never mind.

I've certainly got two Facebook sketches in my portfolio. Fortunately I didn't send any of them in for this one (I went the sitcom route).