BBC Comedy College Page 27

Quote: Micheal Jacob @ April 9 2008, 4:04 PM BST

I'm going to blogging on the Writers' Room site, and will post a link when I've got one set up.

Hi Micheal

Will this blogging be long-term over the course of the scheme? It would be really great for the non-successful applicants to be able to follow the process of the new writers (obviously if you and they have the time and inclination!)

Dan

I stumbled across this site last night when I googled 'BBC Comedy college'. Great site and very informative. It's also made me realise that I haven't really been pushing myself hard enough otherwise I'd've known about it before now.

Anyway i shan't be applying because I don't meet the criteria but i'll definitely keep an eye out for next year. Good luck to those who do apply.

I am a lazy so and so and I must try harder.I am a lazy so and so and I must try harder.I am a lazy so and so and I must try harder. etc....

Quote: oldcowgrazing @ April 10 2008, 12:17 AM BST

I stumbled across this site last night when I googled 'BBC Comedy college'. Great site and very informative. It's also made me realise that I haven't really been pushing myself hard enough otherwise I'd've known about it before now.

Anyway i shan't be applying because I don't meet the criteria but i'll definitely keep an eye out for next year. Good luck to those who do apply.

I am a lazy so and so and I must try harder.I am a lazy so and so and I must try harder.I am a lazy so and so and I must try harder. etc....

Welcome you old cow. I thought I was lazy but I have become quite prolific over the last year or so. Amaze myself really.

If I get in I'm going to sit at the back of the class and flick bogies at the girlies. I is mature en it. [I'm so down with the brothers me]

Quote: David Chapman @ April 10 2008, 12:40 AM BST

Welcome you old cow. I thought I was lazy but I have become quite prolific over the last year or so. Amaze myself really.

Thanks David.

I was reading this thread into the wee hours (does anyone actually say 'wee hours' anymore?) and i couldn't help but shoulder with the 'Two Pints of Lager is crap' camp because although I 'get it' it just doesn't make me laugh. Anyway i went to Youtube today and typed in Two Pints of Lager with the intention of giving it one last chance to make me laugh and to my surprise some of the scenes amused me. I continued to watch TPLPC and then it hit me.

The canned laughter.

Or maybe I've been TheOfficefied, Nightynightified and anything else that doesn'tsignpostthelaughsified.

My head hurts.

Quote: swerytd @ April 9 2008, 5:27 PM BST

Hi Micheal

Will this blogging be long-term over the course of the scheme? It would be really great for the non-successful applicants to be able to follow the process of the new writers (obviously if you and they have the time and inclination!)

Dan

I hope so, Dan, given time and opportunity.

Thanks for the update Micheal.

Sorry if this has already been covered, but what time's the deadline on Monday? Only I've gone off what /i wrote and decided to do something new over the weekend. And the email address is solid? Not like the Red Planet one which just bounced back your entry?

Micheal

Thanks for the reply

Jason

Email address is fine. You even get a receipt.

Dan

Oh - do you?

Do you?

I did.

I think.

Ah, I see I have opened a can of worms...

Yeah, I got an auto-reply from 'College Of Comedy' stating:

"Thank you for your submission. This is to acknowledge that it has been received."

I assumed that everyone gets one.

Dan

Nope

Quote: swerytd @ April 10 2008, 1:32 PM BST

Ah, I see I have opened a can of worms...

Yeah, I got an auto-reply from 'College Of Comedy' stating:

"Thank you for your submission. This is to acknowledge that it has been received."

I assumed that everyone gets one.

Dan

Hello, did you apply quite recently? I am considering sending my entry (fnarr) again.