BBC Comedy College Page 33

I think overqualified probably refers to people who are actually quite well known, or who have been involved in popular shows and shouldn't need a a scheme like this to help them.

I have this mental image of Charlie Kaufman nervously checking his e-mail every six minutes....

I would love to see a Charlie Kaufman sitcom.

Micheal Jacob's posted an answer on Writers Dock defining over-qualified -

"It means people who have sold quite a lot of work, whereas the scheme is for people who haven't."

Make of that what you will.

I want to know if the 100 that were unqualified have already or will be noted of this?

I get the impression they stuck in the "must have been commissioned" aspect to try and cut down the numbers. However, since they've been swamped it doesn't seem to have worked that well.

Adding to the voices who have already said this, I too would like to know whether or not those who did not qualify have been told? I'm pretty certain that I do, but still...it would be nice to know that for certain.

I don't know, but my guess is that there'll be no notification for any of the 1,288 people who don't make it to the interview stage.

I meant notification for the 100 people who literally did not qualify based on their CV...

Sorry, yes I realised that, I was including them in the 1,288 people who won't make it to interview stage.

I doubt the people who have 'chanced their arms' will be notified of this.

I fulfilled perhaps the very minimum requirement for this, if that. You have to take all opportunities though. If I don't hear anything, then it's not the end of the world.

I will certainly be writing to people who we've deemed to be over-qualified and explaining why.

Quote: Winterlight @ April 16 2008, 11:49 AM BST

I doubt the people who have 'chanced their arms' will be notified of this.

I fulfilled perhaps the very minimum requirement for this, if that. You have to take all opportunities though. If I don't hear anything, then it's not the end of the world.

Hear, hear. One of the depressing lessons (but valuable ones) in life is to realise that no-one "owes you" anything. Out of the 1300 or so people who applied, I may consider myself one of the best writers. I, however, have no right to feel that anyone else has to agree.

One annoying thing though is that I have just had a new commission the day after the deadline. D'oh!

If anyone has comments or questions, please use the blog. I'd rather have a one-stop shop.

The blog seems to have a few difficulties with leaving comments. Anyone else having the same problem?