BBC Comedy College Page 36

I've never met Dara but one of my friends who does stand-up actually described him as "He's bigger than he looks on TV and you wouldn't want to mess with him". Although she was a girl.

Quote: Winterlight @ April 21 2008, 3:21 PM BST

That's what I thought.

I see that Graham Linehan is involved with the scheme now. I bet Seefacts is kicking himself that he didn't enter.

Now that IS scary. Linehan has created some of my favourite-ever tv moments but my God he intimidates me. Don't quite know why - maybe it's because he's extraordinarily politically-aware and listens to obscure bands I've never heard of. I also get the impression (and I may be wrong here) that he's a tad on the "spikey" side. You know, doesn't suffer fools gladly type-thing.

As I say, he's a bit of a comedy hero to me but I do have this nightmare vision of meeting him and immediately coming over as a big thick Northern twat. Before I met him I think I'd have to superglue my lips together and feign muteness. :(

See? Muteness. That's not even a word, is it? Linehan would know the correct term though.

I've never thought of him like that. But I've only read one interview with him.

I really like his blog. And there's a great interview with him in Mustard magazine. (as currently promoted by 4Laughs site).

F**k me. Moffat now?
This competition is literally better than winning ten rollover lotteries.

Quote: Winterlight @ April 21 2008, 3:21 PM BST

That's what I thought.

I see that Graham Linehan is involved with the scheme now. I bet Seefacts is kicking himself that he didn't enter.

Tits.

Linehan's a hero of mine.

Never mind.

I notice Micheal has responded to my question on the blog about "what were the sitcoms mostly about" with:

Sitcoms tended to be about flatsharing, getting drunk and trying to have sex (or having it), or about women talking dirty.

Amazingly, mine wasn't. (Although it was a very popular theme at last year's Sitcom Trials.) Anyone else ? Of course we don't know if being in this core topic area is a good thing or a bad thing...

/\

Neither was mine.

Moffatt! Woot. He's like my favourite or one of my favourite writers.

deleted

Quote: Perry Nium @ April 21 2008, 3:56 PM BST

Now that IS scary. Linehan has created some of my favourite-ever tv moments but my God he intimidates me. Don't quite know why - maybe it's because he's extraordinarily politically-aware and listens to obscure bands I've never heard of. I also get the impression (and I may be wrong here) that he's a tad on the "spikey" side. You know, doesn't suffer fools gladly type-thing.

As I say, he's a bit of a comedy hero to me but I do have this nightmare vision of meeting him and immediately coming over as a big thick Northern twat. Before I met him I think I'd have to superglue my lips together and feign muteness. :(

See? Muteness. That's not even a word, is it? Linehan would know the correct term though.

Em, rather appropriately, it's called being "dumb". So to avoid looking dumb, you'd pretend to be dumb.

Dumbed if you do...

Thank you Ironhide. Thank you so much.

Don't mention it, buddy. :D

And just to add my tuppenceworth, I said when I saw the lineup for this scheme, "If I managed to get in, the only thing that would make it better would be to be mentored by Steven Moffat - shame he's not involved."

I'm a massive fan of Coupling and 'Blink' was one of the best episodes of any sci-fi ever.

Now it'll just be worse when we don't get in...

Ch4 had a comp earlier this year and they put up the list of the twelve shortlisted writers. Most if not all had degrees and other credits to their names, I wonder if that'll be the case in this comp.
I know it says some were over qualified but how much is too much?

Too much is someone who's established enough not to need the helping hand. they're looking for rough diamonds capable of being polished rather than the finished gemstone (or pieces of coal)